Rex Murphy's Wisdom vs. The Shiny Pony's Ego

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
In this editorial, Rex Murphy shares some common sense views that surely the majority of Canadians must share, namely that it is nonsensical to rush forward with the importation of 25,000 immigrants when it's almost certain that normal security screening would have to be waived to accomplish that. Justin Trudeau and his Liberals have a majority government in Canada so they can do pretty much whatever they want. But is his ego so fragile and more important than taking some reasonable steps to protect Canadians? Sadly, apparently so.

Rex Murphy's Wisdom vs. The Shiny Pony's Ego - Small Dead Animals

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
In this editorial, Rex Murphy shares some common sense views that surely the majority of Canadians must share, namely that it is nonsensical to rush forward with the importation of 25,000 immigrants when it's almost certain that normal security screening would have to be waived to accomplish that. Justin Trudeau and his Liberals have a majority government in Canada so they can do pretty much whatever they want. But is his ego so fragile and more important than taking some reasonable steps to protect Canadians? Sadly, apparently so.

I watched that. Murphy usually makes good sense. It's surprising he hasn't been yanked off the show ages ago for telling it like it is.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
seems to be a prevailing thought that the refugees will be housed/held within available surplus housing at Canadian Forces bases until they can be cleared... would that appease all the nay-sayers?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
seems to be a prevailing thought that the refugees will be housed/held within available surplus housing at Canadian Forces bases until they can be cleared... would that appease all the nay-sayers?

So what happens when one does not check out? How will he/she be deported? Will he be deported? If this question is satisfactorily answered, I will be ok.

I have a question back. Why 12/31?

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
Nothing but vague promises and empty talk and little on how they will actually do it.

if you're choosing to simply cast doubt on the statements of the RCMP and CSIS, I doubt there's anything you would accept!

I do trust Rex Murphy any day over any Lieberal.

"Lieberal"? Really? Why... that's akin to some wag labeling the Conservatives "CONartists". Such a positive move in throwing around such infantile labels, hey!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I watched that. Murphy usually makes good sense. It's surprising he hasn't been yanked off the show ages ago for telling it like it is.

Rex is pretty much the "backbone" of C.B.C. I've never found him to be wrong about anything!

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I thought the CBC was a left wing mouth piece? I seem to remember you, and several others discounting pretty much everything the CBC published the last few years. NOW they are the good guys? ROFLMFAO.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
I thought the CBC was a left wing mouth piece? I seem to remember you, and several others discounting pretty much everything the CBC published the last few years. NOW they are the good guys? ROFLMFAO.

nah, rex is one of the few that has his head screwed on right. but yes, cbc is an obvious and flagrant media party member.

on a side note, let's all welcome back waldo. kinda like a refugee in his own right eh. good to see he didn't pout about his SLM spanking too much longer. live long and like really prosper.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Justine will tell the CBC to ditch him if they want more $.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Nothing. Hatred generally isn't rational

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
nah, rex is one of the few that has his head screwed on right. but yes, cbc is an obvious and flagrant media party member.

on a side note, let's all welcome back waldo. kinda like a refugee in his own right eh. good to see he didn't pout about his SLM spanking too much longer. live long and like really prosper.

I was kinda hoping he replace Flossy for a couple of days......
They say that a change is better than a rest....
In this case .....a change is a rest