U.S. Opposes Canada's Refugee Plan

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
CNN tonight reported on the U.S. Security Conference held today in the U.S. Reuters journalist covering the event stated that the U.S. has asked Canada to rethink it's refugee plan but Canada has refused to reconsider.
There appears to be growing resistance to refugees entering the U.S. with 30 States now refusing them. They are worried about the 25,000 refugees coming to Canada by Dec. 31st due to the porous border between our two countries.

I'm wondering now how the great relationship reportedly struck up between Obama and Trudeau will hold up under Canada's refusal to take America's concerns seriously.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
who the fu ck cares what the americans think? They don't ask us what we think of their foreign policy, why should we ask them?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
CNN tonight reported on the U.S. Security Conference held today in the U.S. Reuters journalist covering the event stated that the U.S. has asked Canada to rethink it's refugee plan but Canada has refused to reconsider.
There appears to be growing resistance to refugees entering the U.S. with 30 States now refusing them. They are worried about the 25,000 refugees coming to Canada by Dec. 31st due to the porous border between our two countries.

I'm wondering now how the great relationship reportedly struck up between Obama and Trudeau will hold up under Canada's refusal to take America's concerns seriously.
Are you sure you are not really Boomer's mom?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
who the fu ck cares what the americans think? They don't ask us what we think of their foreign policy, why should we ask them?

It isn't that we should care what they think. The threat of terrorist attacks lately has increased to the point where countries are sharing info and working more closely together globally on all matter related to immigration. Besides, it is important to have somewhat easy border crossing to the U.S. for the trade we have with them.
If a massive attack did occur here it would be better to have the support of the U.S. than to have them say, 'who the fu ck cares, (as you just did) They asked for it'.

Are you sure you are not really Boomer's mom?

Haha! I guarantee, I have no kid named 'Boomer'.