Muslim woman attacked in Toronto, told to ‘go back to your country’: police

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Muslim woman attacked in Toronto, told to ‘go back to your country’: police

TORONTO — Police are searching for at least two suspects in connection with a hate crime investigation after a Muslim woman was allegedly attacked and robbed while picking up her children from a Toronto school on Monday.

The incident occurred at around 3 p.m. near the Grenoble Public School in the Don Mills Road and Eglinton Avenue East area, police said.

Toronto police said the men approached the woman called her a “terrorist” and told her to “go back to your country,” adding that the men then tore off her hijab, robbed her of her money and cellphone and punched her.

Police said the woman then went to a nearby school asking for help and was transported to hospital. She has since been released.

Supt. Mark Barkley said Monday that the woman was recovering from her injuries and resting as police continue their investigation.

“The full weight of our investigative resources are being put to the test right now,” he said. “We’re investigating, we’re looking at video trying to get the best evidence possible we can to identify who’s responsible for this.”

Barkley said they were trying to determine what the motivation behind the alleged assault and robbery, to determine whether it was an “isolated incident.”

He added that a hate crime investigator would be speaking with the family and police are asking any witnesses to come forward with surveillance video or images of the suspects.

The brother of the woman, who spoke to Global News under condition of anonymity, said his sister was “very traumatized” after the alleged attack.

“She’s very taken aback, she received multiple shots to her stomach, to her face, we’re worried about her internal situation right now,” he said, adding that she was called a “terrorist” and told to “go back.”

“That’s the school I went to, that’s the school she went to. We were born and raised here, our parents came here 40 years ago, 45 years ago, and we’re not going anywhere.”

Muslim woman attacked in Toronto, told to ‘go back to your country’: police | Globalnews.ca

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Toronto police said the men approached the woman called her a “terrorist” and told her to “go back to your country,” adding that the men then tore off her hijab, robbed her of her money and cellphone and punched her.
OK, now THAT's funny!

Anybody that stupid belongs on CanCon.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Once they find them Canada should put their home nation on the 'no more from there' list as they are a clear threat to the safety of the public.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I don't consider Muslims in Canada to be Canadian, just as I don't consider Muslims in Britain to be British.
Who gives a fuk what you think Canada should be like? You bone gnawers didn't do such a great job at home so why should you be given the right to repeat the same mistakes endlessly. Without that you couldn't adopt the same shadowy concept without being labeled.

Or Jews or Catholics, I imagine.

How bout Methodists and Presbyterians? Do they make it over the bar in whatever you use for a mind?
As long as they don't get real drunk before the decision is made, after is alright.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I don't consider Muslims in Canada to be Canadian, just as I don't consider Muslims in Britain to be British.

I trace my roots back to New France, but according to your logic I forfeited my Canadian identity when I left the Catholic community. Are you suggesting the suppression of all non-Muslims?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
My relatives ditched all the 'old ways' starting with the language and said it was proper to adopt the ways of the Canadians, . . . and then they settled between 2 Reservations.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I'm sure there will be some glib remark about how I joke about curmudgeons or the old stockers to justify his legitimate xenophobia.