Has anyone asked the Natives how many Syrians they want?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
No politician has asked as far as i know, i thought everything had to be sanctioned by first nations these days. They seem to tell a whole country how to do business so perhaps they could elucidate our politicians regarding immigration, oh and the little social media sweeties could use some azz kicking also.

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
A first nations friend of mine was posting all over Facebook about keeping out Islamic immigrants until a white liberal women shamed him big time publicly. He has since said nothing.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
I do find it ironic that the same group of White-guilt a$$hats who keep telling us we stole this country from the Natives are so insistent on inviting more people to come live on this supposedly stolen land.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Offer the Indians the Syrian rebels as a gift of sorts, they can train them how to merge into the Canadian culture. Under the 'Here, you try it Treaty'.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I do find it ironic that the same group of White-guilt a$$hats who keep telling us we stole this country from the Natives are so insistent on inviting more people to come live on this supposedly stolen land.
That is ironic. Just as ironic as the descendants of people who forced their way onto this land are now objecting to others coming to this land.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
That is ironic. Just as ironic as the descendants of people who forced their way onto this land are now objecting to others coming to this land.
At least the Native peoples put up a fight. Hell, in a sense they're still fighting.
Unlike the White-guilt retards who are perfectly happy to roll over and let it happen to them.
And again, I don't know how many times I have to say this but the objection isn't to others coming here in general. The objection is these people will be extras over and above the hundreds of thousands of newcomers that arrive every year.
The objection is left-tard idiots tripping over themselves trying to justify how we suddenly have the extra cash and unused army bases/housing to house an extra allotment of refugees but didn't have the extras cash and unused army bases/housing for the homeless and destitute that already exist in Canada??

It's a smoke and mirrors game. Look good to our international "buddies" by being so diplomatic and caring to take in an extra 25,000(at least) refugees so we don't have to look at our own problems through a microscope and deal with them properly.
Many Canadians start to get uncomfortable when one points out that we have 3rd world problems right here at home. It takes away from their feelings of smugness and self-righteousness and of how we're supposedly so superior to the US when it comes to stuff like this.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
Since when did it matter what the "Natives" (lmao) wanted ever mattered? Any important policy ever pushed was because corporations lobbied it.. Some refugees could be commodified into cheap labour, corporations jack off to this.

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
dds who are perfectly happy to roll over and let it happen to them.
And again, I don't know how many times I have to say this but the objection isn't to others coming here in general. The objection is these people will be extras over and above the hundreds of thousands of newcomers that arrive every year.
The objection is left-tard idiots tripping over themselves trying to justify how we suddenly have the extra cash and unused army bases/housing to house an extra allotment of refugees but didn't have the extras cash and unused army bases/housing for the homeless and destitute that already exist in Canada??

Gov't doesn't care about homeless/poor people because the world and general population don't really care. If the general population really cared the politicians would definately hop onto that bandwagon.

The Gov't believes in doing what the world and it's citizens want it to do.

There is nothing stopping individuals from helping out the homeless and the poor...and only some of them do.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
At least the Native peoples put up a fight. Hell, in a sense they're still fighting.
They did? All of 'em?

Wow, that's remarkable unity.

Unlike the White-guilt retards who are perfectly happy to roll over and let it happen to them.
You are quite the one for representing groups you don't belong to, aren't you?

That may be your objection, but it's clearly not "the objection" (your term).

OK, now I'm confused. I thought you just said "the objection" was that the Syrian refugees would be over and above the immigration quotas. Now you're saying "the objection" is the cost? I'm leaving aside for now your ill-tempered snarl about "the left-tards." We've already noted your significant stereotyping problem.

It's a smoke and mirrors game. Look good to our international "buddies" by being so diplomatic and caring to take in an extra 25,000(at least) refugees so we don't have to look at our own problems through a microscope and deal with them properly.
So, you don't think Canada is capable of dealing with multiple problems simultaneously? OK, I'll take your word for it. Kinda sad, though.

Many Canadians start to get uncomfortable when one points out that we have 3rd world problems right here at home. It takes away from their feelings of smugness and self-righteousness and of how we're supposedly so superior to the US when it comes to stuff like this.
Possibly true. At least by virtue of the fact that you've finally broken your habit of ascribing a single motivation to an entire group.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

In the US they put up a fight. In Canada they were stabbed in the back after agreeing to treaties the Fathers of Confederation never intended to honour before they'd even signed them.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
In the US they put up a fight. In Canada they were stabbed in the back after agreeing to treaties the Fathers of Confederation never intended to honour before they'd even signed them.
No, "they" didn't. Some were friendly. Some were hostile. Some invited the Europeans in. Some resisted.

All were betrayed.