Alberta tarsander puts up misogynist billboard

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
White privilege old stocker makes embarrassing attempt at defending it.

Just stop while you have the chance :lol:

An Alberta oilfield services company has been bedeviled by complaints about a billboard some have called misogynistic, or worse.

The billboard shows the painted image of a mostly naked woman with a machine called a piledriver above her, drilling into the ground.

The message is: "We drill them to hell and back."

The billboard stands beside a highway near Killam, Alta., the headquarters of BeDevil oilfield services.

The sign got some negative attention on social media this week.

One Facebook poster, Faye Hamilton, thinks the billboard sends the wrong message about violence against women.

Georgina Lawrence called the sign misogynistic and said the company should be ashamed. She wants it taken down.

Another woman, upset by the advertisement, said she planned to call the company.

CBC News did just that, and talked to company owner Dan McRae.

He said he has had a few complaints. Someone even called the RCMP about the billboard.

But McRae said police told him the billboard doesn't break any laws.

He can't understand why people are so upset.

"It has nothing to do with women and violence," McRae said. "I would stick up for any woman anytime in a situation like that. We do not believe in that. There is more nudity on a Victoria Secret catalog than you'll ever find on mine. And they don't knock them down."

.. More...

Alberta oilfield company bedeviled by billboard complaints - Edmonton - CBC News

Last edited:

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Considering the source this is exactly the kind of garbage I expect to see

I like it... ;)

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Looks like flossy's feminist friend got her panties in a knot. Then again it probably isn't in Canada since there are no tar sands in Canada. Then again facts were never flossy's strong point.

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
"pro-lifers" are usually conservatives, they generally support the death penalty and jack off to going to war (not themselves, but sending other people's children overseas) and ejaculate a false sense of security all over themselves.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
says a "pro-lifer" who gets offended by the idea of women having a choice over their own bodies. some self awareness please.

First statement that proves how stupid you are.

"pro-lifers" are usually conservatives, they generally support the death penalty and jack off to going to war (not themselves, but sending other people's children overseas) and ejaculate a false sense of security all over themselves.

and the second statement that proves how stupid you are.

Hey RCS..... the above statement describe me?

how many years in a row was I timed out over Remembrance day?

HarperCons

Council Member
Oct 18, 2015
are u serious? lol, you support zionist israel and i have no doubt you'd all be for the death penalty for a murderer, stop talking.

silly *** hypocrite.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Pretty much.

Someone should tell him it's 2015.
you have it about right Mentalfloss,
everyday i have to put up with outdated messages,

prolifers are easily distracted and easily led around by suggesters.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Company Marketing = Success. Free advertising by the nightly news.

Can we not turn every friken thread into an abortion debate?
fatigued Conservatives are preprogrammed,they don't know what else to talk about off script.

I like it... ;)

i would like to see the designers c o c k,sounds like he is full of himself,does he have reason?this type of talk has some underlying questions which must be addressed,either the designer has a limp dick or a big hard dick,i would like to see his c o c k.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
are u serious? lol, you support zionist israel and i have no doubt you'd all be for the death penalty for a murderer, stop talking.

silly *** hypocrite.

Actually, the hypocrite would be you and your ilk. I am anti death penalty, always have been. I also don't believe innocents should be murdered just because they happen to be an inconvenience to their "parents". The choice to get pregnant is made when they choose to have sex. Birth control should not include murder. While you and yours have no problem allowing these innocents to be killed, all the while crying about adults bering killed. You all have no problem with Israeli's being killed, but god help anyone that lays a finger on a Palestinian.

Useless fu cking piece of shyte hypocrite.

fatigued Conservatives are preprogrammed,they don't know what else to talk about off script.

The one that brought it up, isn't a conservative.