Conservatives will 'leave the nastiness' behind: Rona Ambrose

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
'You don't have to be angry' :lol:

Conservatives will 'leave the nastiness' behind: Rona Ambrose

Newly named Conservative interim leader Rona Ambrose says her caucus will leave the former Harper government’s “nastiness” behind and opt for more “constructive, effective” work as the Official Opposition.

Speaking to CTV’s Question Period, Ambrose said she looks forward to establishing a more-positive tone as interim leader.

“I think you can be constructive, I think you can be strong, but you don’t have to be angry,” said Ambrose. “I do think that my colleagues have sent the message loud and clear that we want to be effective and constructive but leave the nastiness behind.”

In her former ministerial roles, Ambrose appeared media-shy. And despite only taking three questions at a press conference on Parliament Hill Thursday, Ambrose said she also hopes to make herself “open,” “accessible” and available “as much as possible” to the media.
Harper, who stepped down as Conservative leader on election night, had an adversarial relationship with the media, restricting access and rarely using the National Press Theatre in Ottawa.

Expect a long leadership race

Ambrose, who was chosen as interim leader on Thursday, says she expects the race for her permanent replacement to be a lengthy one.

Conservatives will 'leave the nastiness' behind: Rona Ambrose | CTV News

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
They have to leave the nastiness behind if they ever want to have any power again. OR hopes of getting lots of power or all the power again.

It doesn't mean anything other then the continuation of a particular political party wanting to have power.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
1. she did not say "Harper" and 2. I think she was referring to the nastiness of the media towards Conservatives.

Read the article belligerent.

It looks like sunny ways for the Cons from here on in. :lol:

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
I don't know what that means.

We have triumphed over the blue meanies and they are bitter.

Here's what they will but going for over the next four years.
Some will be fooled but they will be the same as now.
They think they lost because their message was too 'not nice to humans'.
They are right. They are not nice to humans.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
But can the Blue Meany fan club on CC learn to be less belligerent? I doubt it. Can't teach old farts new tricks.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
They have to leave the nastiness behind if they ever want to have any power again. OR hopes of getting lots of power or all the power again.

It doesn't mean anything other then the continuation of a particular political party wanting to have power.
Wonder how long before the present PM starts doling out the middle finger ala pa ?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
But can the Blue Meany fan club on CC learn to be less belligerent? I doubt it. Can't teach old farts new tricks.

You being living (sort of) proof of that.

It sounds like Rona is no longer being paid by Big Pharma to preach the evils of marijuana.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
We have triumphed over the blue meanies and they are bitter.

Here's what they will but going for over the next four years.
Some will be fooled but they will be the same as now.
They think they lost because their message was too 'not nice to humans'.
They are right. They are not nice to humans.

I'm even more confused now.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
The middle finger was justified as I recall the media were tapping on the train
window and he had a sleeping child as I recall. Trudeau sometimes left me
fuming but looking back I now wish I had voted for him

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
The middle finger was justified as I recall the media were tapping on the train
window and he had a sleeping child as I recall. Trudeau sometimes left me
fuming but looking back I now wish I had voted for him

It was his response to protesters from the west. He was showing the west his respect.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
1. she did not say "Harper" and 2. I think she was referring to the nastiness of the media towards Conservatives.
But she said nastiness and Analfloss had to clean his underwear.