BLOODBATH: Alberta budget kills 3,000 oil & gas jobs in first 48 hours

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

It’s a bloodbath. Rachel Notley’s extremist budget killed more than 3,000 oil and gas jobs in the first 48 hours.

Literally within hours of the budget, Shell cancelled its Carmon Creek oilsands project, killing 1,450 jobs. Watch our video report here.

Then MEG Energy announced it had laid off almost a third of its staff. Here’s our video about that.

And mighty Cenovus announced 700 more layoffs. See the video here.

And then Devon Energy announced 200 layoffs. If you’re not sick of bad news, watch the video here.

These are just the big companies, that make the news. When a small company has to lay off five people, it doesn’t make headlines.

And it’s about to get worse. Notley hasn’t even announced her royalty tax increases yet. That tax hike committee is being chaired by a radical environmentalist who actually flew down to Tennessee to attend a global warming training camp run by Al Gore. Seriously — see the video here.

And then there’s Notley’s global warming tax hikes. That’s another scam. See the video proof of it here.

Notley’s not fooling anybody. Moody’s has already called the province “credit negative”, and says Notley is fudging her numbers. It’s going to be a lot worse than she claims. See the video on that here.

It’s as bad as Pierre Trudeau’s National Energy Program. Except it’s worse in one way: Trudeau’s NEP was made in Quebec, and implemented by Ottawa. Notley’s NEP was made in Alberta.

Then again, speaking of Pierre Trudeau, we haven’t even seen what Justin Trudeau is going to do to Alberta.

We’ve got to fight back. Will you help?

Step one: share this information with everyone you know. Friends, family, co-workers. Show them what’s really going on. If the only news they get is from the CBC or the Globe and Mail, they just won’t know the facts about the war against Alberta jobs. Post Save Alberta Jobs - The Rebel as your Facebook status update.

Step two: sign our petition below. We’ve got to show Notley that hundreds of thousands of Albertans disagree with her — and will fight to stop her destruction of our province’s prosperity.

Step three: help us fund our independent journalism. In Alberta, that includes the fearless Sheila Gunn Reid. Click here to see a shocking report from Sheila, about how Notley's attack budget was actually hatched by Alberta’s union bosses. If you think we need more investigative reports like that please click below to donate.

It’s a terrible fact that the NDP will be in power until 2019. But we can fight back — we can tell our friends and neighbours the awful truth, and mobilize Alberta to push back every way we can. I’m afraid our very livelihoods depend on it.

source: Save Alberta Jobs - The Rebel

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

It’s a bloodbath. Rachel Notley’s extremist budget killed more than 3,000 oil and gas jobs in the first 48 hours.

Literally within hours of the budget, Shell cancelled its Carmon Creek oilsands project, killing 1,450 jobs. Watch our video report here.

Then MEG Energy announced it had laid off almost a third of its staff. Here’s our video about that.

And mighty Cenovus announced 700 more layoffs. See the video here.

And then Devon Energy announced 200 layoffs. If you’re not sick of bad news, watch the video here.

These are just the big companies, that make the news. When a small company has to lay off five people, it doesn’t make headlines.

And it’s about to get worse. Notley hasn’t even announced her royalty tax increases yet. That tax hike committee is being chaired by a radical environmentalist who actually flew down to Tennessee to attend a global warming training camp run by Al Gore. Seriously — see the video here.

And then there’s Notley’s global warming tax hikes. That’s another scam. See the video proof of it here.

Notley’s not fooling anybody. Moody’s has already called the province “credit negative”, and says Notley is fudging her numbers. It’s going to be a lot worse than she claims. See the video on that here.

It’s as bad as Pierre Trudeau’s National Energy Program. Except it’s worse in one way: Trudeau’s NEP was made in Quebec, and implemented by Ottawa. Notley’s NEP was made in Alberta.

Then again, speaking of Pierre Trudeau, we haven’t even seen what Justin Trudeau is going to do to Alberta.

We’ve got to fight back. Will you help?

Step one: share this information with everyone you know. Friends, family, co-workers. Show them what’s really going on. If the only news they get is from the CBC or the Globe and Mail, they just won’t know the facts about the war against Alberta jobs. Post Save Alberta Jobs - The Rebel as your Facebook status update.

ah yes, the rebel. Home of the mentally challenged. They wouldn't know a "fact" if it bit them in their collective fat arses. Also, please note, decisions to shut down multi million dollar projects and to lay off hundreds or thousands takes a lot longer to implement than a few days. All of the above happened because the price of oil is still stuck at below $50 a barrel. The NDP budget had and has sweet fu ck all to do with it and anyone that thinks it does is just proving that they don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

Step two: sign our petition below. We’ve got to show Notley that hundreds of thousands of Albertans disagree with her — and will fight to stop her destruction of our province’s prosperity.

The only thing that would be shown is the number of Albertans that can't think for themselves and allow the mentally challenged idiots from the rebel.

Step three: help us fund our independent journalism. In Alberta, that includes the fearless Sheila Gunn Reid. Click here to see a shocking report from Sheila, about how Notley's attack budget was actually hatched by Alberta’s union bosses. If you think we need more investigative reports like that please click below to donate.

Wow, 3 hilarious statements in one paragraph. First, independent journalism? Like Sheila Reid? She's the "mom" that yelled prorogue when it was suggested that Parliament wouldn't be for it's first session till January. Really? This stupid bitch comments on politics when she doesn't know her a$$ from a hole in the ground. Union boss's eh. You mean they helped introduce a budget that, from you guys say. pretty much guarantee's a lot of their membership end up losing there jobs. Yup, that makes perfect sense to me. :roll:

It’s a terrible fact that the NDP will be in power until 2019. But we can fight back — we can tell our friends and neighbours the awful truth, and mobilize Alberta to push back every way we can. I’m afraid our very livelihoods depend on it.

source: Save Alberta Jobs - The Rebel

It's a fact because Alberta voters gave the NDP a resounding majority. It's not like the NDP snuck in under cover of darkness.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I'm taking you're not a big fan of Rebel Media GerryH. :lol:

Nope, not really keen on the whiny, racist/bigoted, useless pile of shyte. Even in this article....surprise, surprise, surprise, he's begging for money.....again.....I remember when the western standard went broke.. I got an email begging for money from him. Every time his mouth get's him in trouble he begs for money. He expects others to bail him out.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yup, and considering what Prentiss did on the night he lost........I made the right choice.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I voted Wild Rose and I think they will get in the next election.

Hopefully. Problem recently and the main reason they didn't do so well in this election, is what their leadership did to them. The wildrose was sold down the river for empty promises from the PC's. They need to make sure they distance themselves very far from that debacle in order to get rid of the NDP in 4 years.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
“I’ve heard there was some thinking that the release was timed to coincide with the Alberta budget being released. This was certainly not the case,” Ms. Lemay wrote in an e-mail provided to The Globe and Mail by Ms. Notley’s spokeswoman, Cheryl Oates.

Ms. Lemay wrote that the timing of the announcement was due to a market disclosure in advance of the company’s quarterly results this week.

“We were given a brief window after the market closed to release the results and inform staff,” she said. “This announcement was the result of difficult but sound investment decision-making. Its timing was driven by our quarterly results and was not intended as a commentary on Alberta’s provincial budget.

She added that Shell values its relationship with Ms. Notley and her government, “and we look forward to continuing co-operation in the best interests of Albertans.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...halt-to-carmon-creek-project/article27037453/

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
No you didn't.

I believe him.

He states he's against the TPP yet proudly claimed he voted for the Harper CONS. He also proudly claims to drive a car with zero Canadian Content in it which begs the question of why he claims to be against the TPP.

His debating skills reflected in the 'Rename Calgary International Airport to the Stephen J. Harper' are brutish at best and typical of low capacity intellect.

His constant and multiple postings of nonsensical blurbs from illogical sources are truly intrepid but anonymity allows for that..

If it is true he drives a big truck that concerns me.........

City of Calgary to rename unemployment office after Stephen Harper

CALGARY - City officials have announced that they will move to rename the municipal office that handles employment insurance and welfare claims after soon to be former Prime Minister Stephen Harper.

“It is a tradition in this country that we name prominent buildings after our most beloved leaders,” said mayor Nenshi. “I know some people wanted the airport, but frankly this felt a lot more appropriate for Mr. Harper.”

“We may even put a statue out front of him turning his back on clear evidence that Canada was in a recession,” he added.

The soon to be named Stephen J. Harper building also includes the provincial disability office, vehicle licensing centre, and three
empty floors that previously held the statisticians responsible for the long form census. Mr. Harper appeared pleased with the choice.

“It is an honour to have my name permanently engraved onto a building in my beloved Calgary. My only regret is the building isn’t as grey and brutalist in nature as it could be.”

Calgary wasn’t the only municipality lining up to honour Canada’s 22nd Prime Minister. The city of Ottawa recently announced that the room where it keeps the files of veterans who have been denied pensions is to be renamed the Stephen Harper Memorial Wing.

City of Calgary to rename unemployment office after Stephen Harper - The Beaverton - North America's Trusted Source of News

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Also, please note, decisions to shut down multi million dollar projects and to lay off hundreds or thousands takes a lot longer to implement than a few days. All of the above happened because the price of oil is still stuck at below $50 a barrel. The NDP budget had and has sweet fu ck all to do with it and anyone that thinks it does is just proving that they don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

3 or 4 of the majors made direct statements explaining initial layoffs were a direct result of the increase to the corporate tax rate.

No doubt, that factor would have had a tangible impact on any decision to cancel/defer any major projects.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
He states he's against the TPP yet proudly claimed he voted for the Harper CONS. He also proudly claims to drive a car with zero Canadian Content in it which begs the question of why he claims to be against the TPP.

Justin Trudeau supports the TPP just like Harper.

NAFTA was signed into law on 1 January 1994, who was Prime Minister at the time?? OH yeah, a Liberal called Jean Chrétien.

You sure you're not taking dance lessons from Cannuck?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I believe him.

Congratulations! You may very well be the first. Considering how he/she gives multiple stories on any given issue (he/she's made 3 different claims as to why he/she's came to Canada), why have you chosen to believe this story?

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Congratulations! You may very well be the first. Considering how he/she gives multiple stories on any given issue (he/she's made 3 different claims as to why he/she's came to Canada), why have you chosen to believe this story?

Yawn, you're really getting boring.. same song and dance, same BS.

Here, you're spending to much time online trolling and not enough time looking for a job..

Medicine Hat Alberta - Job Bank

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bwaaahahahaha!!! Cannuck chastising someone for being dishonest.

His hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
its OK folks
we don't need to dig up the high priced hi pollution fuel
we won't be needing the gas to drive the future economy
robots run on electricity

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
You're under the impression that the turbines and facilities to generate and deliver electricity just drop from the sky?... How about the basis of that electricity that the robots run on?

Any thoughts on this inconvenient question?