Alberta premier says province will accept more Syrian refugees but not sure how many

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Families are losing there jobs in the oil field and Notley is bring in refugees. :roll:

Alberta premier says province will accept more Syrian refugees but not sure how many

Alberta’s premier says the province will accept more Syrian refugees as part of the incoming federal government’s plan to bring in 25,000 by the end of the year.

Prime-minister-designate Justin Trudeau made the promise earlier this month during the election campaign.

Premier Rachel Notley says Alberta will join with other provinces —including Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia — who have committed to opening their doors.

Notley says discussions are underway in her government, but it would be premature to give a figure on how many refugees Alberta could take.

She says she still needs to talk to the appropriate provincial cabinet ministers who would see their budgets affected.

Alberta has already pledged up to $250,000 to support Syrian refugee relief efforts.

“Our position has been that Canada should have been taking more all along and so we will likely certainly be welcoming more,” Notley said at a news conference in Calgary on Friday. “But I’m going to wait until I’ve had a chance to consult with appropriate officials before I start coming out with numbers.

“We’re very aware that’s something that the federal government is looking at moving on, and that they’ve asked all provinces to ask how many they can take, and we’re in the process of deliberating on how many we can take.”

source: Alberta will accept refugees, Notley not sure how many | Calgary Herald

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
That isn't even the price of a modest house, how about $250M and none get sent to Whitelaw as they would get the wrong impression. They should be mandated to change the name to something a bit more sensitive.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Boomer could pack around a big guy in his sleeper without wrecking his fuel economy.

If I take one in I'll make sure they get to read all your posts, maybe chase you back to the US and let them take care of you.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Boomer could pack around a big guy in his sleeper without wrecking his fuel economy.

If I take one in I'll make sure they get to read all your posts, maybe chase you back to the US and let them take care of you.

He doesn't have a sleeper. He's a cab driver. He admitted it last week

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I missed one of his posts? The Gods must like me. lol

Hey, aren't all cabbies Pakistani back east?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You certainly write like an uneducated Pakistani, or are your roots a bit west of there? Something wrong with a pic of your truck?

Last edited:

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Good on Alberta. Immigration is good despite what the racists think
Of course it's good. It's good once the vast majority of the f*ckers understand that Canada's 10 million km2 consists of more than just Toronto and Vancouver. It's good when you don't have mass immigration just for the sake of having mass immigration.
Immigration is pointless if we're just going to encourage them to continue increasing the size of the various ethnic enclaves. But by all means, do enlighten us as to why it's such a great idea to import an average of 5,000 people every week, of which roughly half of the working age group have no discernible work skills.
Do tell us why it's such a great idea for Alberta to import any amount of refugees when jobs under Notley's govt are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Are you personally going to be sponsoring and caring for any refugees yourself? I mean besides the ones already promised a free-ride in Canada.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Do you know how many girls love to date me just because the seizures make me unique in the sack?

I'm betting the number is lower than one not including family.

Of course it's good. It's good once the vast majority of the f*ckers understand that Canada's 10 million km2 consists of more than just Toronto and Vancouver. It's good when you don't have mass immigration just for the sake of having mass immigration.
Immigration is pointless if we're just going to encourage them to continue increasing the size of the various ethnic enclaves. But by all means, do enlighten us as to why it's such a great idea to import an average of 5,000 people every week, of which roughly half of the working age group have no discernible work skills.
Do tell us why it's such a great idea for Alberta to import any amount of refugees when jobs under Notley's govt are disappearing at an alarming rate.

Are you personally going to be sponsoring and caring for any refugees yourself? I mean besides the ones already promised a free-ride in Canada.

He can teach them how to count bottles down at the recycling depot.