Shell to cancel a project as a result of pipeline constraints

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, October 27, 2015 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- THE HAGUE, The Netherlands, October 27, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
Royal Dutch Shell plc ("Shell") today announces that the company will not continue construction of the 80,000 barrel per day Carmon Creek thermal in situ project located in Alberta, Canada.

Shell originally sanctioned the project in October 2013 and announced in March 2015 that the project would be re-phased to take advantage of the market downturn to optimise design and retender certain contracts. After careful review of the potential design options, updated costs, and the company's capital priorities, Shell's view is that the project does not rank in its portfolio at this time. This decision reflects current uncertainties, including the lack of infrastructure to move Canadian crude oil to global commodity markets.

Royal Dutch Shell: Shell to Halt Carmon Creek in Situ Project

hey, and related:

Red Rose Country

By Kate on October 28, 2015 1:15 AM | 5 Comments

Getting the government they voted for;
Alberta will try to spend its way out of an economic downturn with a provincial budget that projects a $6.1-billion deficit, hikes sin taxes and calls for billions in new debt.
Good and hard.

Ezra Levant Verified account ‏@ezralevant

Shell was creating 1,450 jobs. Notley's budget killed them. But she announced a "Job Creation Incentive Program". That'll bring them back!

RD Simper ‏@RDSimper

I can clearly see why the Alberta budget wasn't tabled before a federal election. Same reason @globeandmail buried Wynne bribing unions.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
"Everyone from Albertans to businesses to even beer drinkers should be readying for an impact on their pocketbook," says Wildrose finance critic Derek Fildebrandt.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
"Everyone from Albertans to businesses to even beer drinkers should be readying for an impact on their pocketbook," says Wildrose finance critic Derek Fildebrandt.

Didn't they build a beer pipeline?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I suppose that since AB is into debt financing, that is the official point in which the transfer payments stop.

That's aok Ontariowe is tapping into federal government largess no longer any need of transfer payments .
I don't know where that leaves the maritimes . But at least they colored themselves red .

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
While the green movement draws their line in the sand to stop all Oil from the Oil sands the US has proposed building two large ports one in (Bellingham Washington ) and the other in Oregon to export Coal to Asia. Coal is the dirtiest most polluting fossil on earth.

If the Oil Sands were shut down tomorrow their would be NO cut in CO2 emissions, the Oil would be replaced with heavy oil from Venezula. BUT !!! If the world switched from burning Coal to Natural gas it would cut greenhouse gas emissions by 50 %. Yet they focus on the Oil Sands and not a word about huge coal mines in eastern US then rail across the US load on ships to be burnt in China. What a bunch of hypocrites.

When the US and China quit burning coal I will quit supporting pipelines and the Oil Sands.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I suppose that since AB is into debt financing, that is the official point in which the transfer payments stop.

That going to fuk Ontario and Quebek. Their budgets depend on free money from us to pay for their massive social programs.

While the green movement draws their line in the sand to stop all Oil from the Oil sands the US has proposed building two large ports one in (Bellingham Washington ) and the other in Oregon to export Coal to Asia. Coal is the dirtiest most polluting fossil on earth.

If the Oil Sands were shut down tomorrow their would be NO cut in CO2 emissions, the Oil would be replaced with heavy oil from Venezula. BUT !!! If the world switched from burning Coal to Natural gas it would cut greenhouse gas emissions by 50 %. Yet they focus on the Oil Sands and not a word about huge coal mines in eastern US then rail across the US load on ships to be burnt in China. What a bunch of hypocrites.

When the US and China quit burning coal I will quit supporting pipelines and the Oil Sands.

Take a look at who finances the anti oil crowd in Canada.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I love it when conbots are upset about lobbying and private funding when their own ideology dictates they should be celebrating it.

Salty iron filings are the best seasoning.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Last edited: