Wynne Liberals can’t keep their excuses straight as bill for union payments grows

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Wynneing!

By Kate on October 28, 2015 12:19 AM | 4 Comments

Or Wynnescam?
Wynne was reduced to insisting "I'm not tone deaf" Monday as more revelations about self-serving relations between her government and the unions continued to spill out. "We have to remember that for years and years there were 72 school boards making these decisions," in place of the centralized process put in place by her Liberals, she said. The fact the new process has proven slower, clunkier and far more expensive than anyone expected is just something voters are supposed to swallow. Unfortunately for Wynne, the size of the meal keeps growing: from $2.5 million paid to three unions when the news broke a week ago, the figure quickly grew to $3.7 million, and on Tuesday was reported to be as high as $7.1 million.

[...] According to one calculation, teachers and affiliated unions have spent $6.5 million supporting the Liberals in the past three elections, on top of direct donations to the party approaching $1 million. In return the Liberal governments of Wynne and predecessor Dalton McGuinty have rewarded union members with rich increases in benefits and salaries. Though McGuinty eventually came into conflict with union bosses as he tried to reduce Ontario's swollen deficit, Wynne quickly mended relations by granting public school teachers $468 million in concessions in advance of the 2014 election. The unions repaid the favour with a fierce advertising campaign against Tory leader Tim Hudak.
more

Kelly McParland: Wynne Liberals can’t keep their excuses straight as bill for union payments grows | National Post

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Wynneing!

By Kate on October 28, 2015 12:19 AM | 4 Comments

Or Wynnescam?
Wynne was reduced to insisting "I'm not tone deaf" Monday as more revelations about self-serving relations between her government and the unions continued to spill out. "We have to remember that for years and years there were 72 school boards making these decisions," in place of the centralized process put in place by her Liberals, she said. The fact the new process has proven slower, clunkier and far more expensive than anyone expected is just something voters are supposed to swallow. Unfortunately for Wynne, the size of the meal keeps growing: from $2.5 million paid to three unions when the news broke a week ago, the figure quickly grew to $3.7 million, and on Tuesday was reported to be as high as $7.1 million.

[...] According to one calculation, teachers and affiliated unions have spent $6.5 million supporting the Liberals in the past three elections, on top of direct donations to the party approaching $1 million. In return the Liberal governments of Wynne and predecessor Dalton McGuinty have rewarded union members with rich increases in benefits and salaries. Though McGuinty eventually came into conflict with union bosses as he tried to reduce Ontario's swollen deficit, Wynne quickly mended relations by granting public school teachers $468 million in concessions in advance of the 2014 election. The unions repaid the favour with a fierce advertising campaign against Tory leader Tim Hudak.

more

Kelly McParland: Wynne Liberals can’t keep their excuses straight as bill for union payments grows | National Post
We have work to do in this country,quit your whining and get on board for what sunny days are to come,no more doom and gloom.
let's work together,its o.k to focus your loyalites to other things,your views are old and outdated,it is a new international world and candians have been left behind,by old thinking and party politics,let it go.i am confident people in descion making process'sknow what they are doing,or i would hope so.
it is evident you have no educatio on union workers and their importance in stimulating the economy,or how the union structure of cash works,the government takes lots and lots of cash from me,have you ever seen a union members pay stub,if you have you would be amazed what is taken off. your deluded thoughts would be disolved.Union workers,government employees is no picnic when it comes to expectations.do your homework,then i will engage in a meaniful chit chat with you.the world is notin the 80's mode.
have you ever thought about running for the leadership of the PC party?i encourage you to.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
We have work to do in this country,quit your whining and get on board for what sunny days are to come,no more doom and gloom.
let's work together,its o.k to focus your loyalites to other things,your views are old and outdated,it is a new international world and candians have been left behind,by old thinking and party politics,let it go.i am confident people in descion making process'sknow what they are doing,or i would hope so.
it is evident you have no educatio on union workers and their importance in stimulating the economy,or how the union structure of cash works,the government takes lots and lots of cash from me,have you ever seen a union members pay stub,if you have you would be amazed what is taken off. your deluded thoughts would be disolved.Union workers,government employees is no picnic when it comes to expectations.do your homework,then i will engage in a meaniful chit chat with you.the world is notin the 80's mode.
have you ever thought about running for the leadership of the PC party?i encourage you to.

The Kool Aid is strong with this one.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

You are incapable of meaningful chit chat. As your post proves.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
have you ever seen a union members pay stub,if you have you would be amazed what is taken off
The exact same things that are deducted from every other employed person, except for union dues. Can't blame those on the govt.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
old views are so fixed,i know,i have them too.
who has seen a unionized paycheck?
who works nights,weekends?
here's a better question,who works in oil and gas.
yes the red koolaide is strong and pleasurable,i hope it lasts.
what a cash cow union workers are for the governement and the economy.

You are incapable of meaningful chit chat. As your post proves.
take it to your MP.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
LMFAO Oh yeah, govts just rake in the cash from a unionized snivel service. You do realize that the snivel service is paid FROM the tax coffers, right? You do realize that no matter how much or how little a snivel servant makes, they will always be taking more out than they are putting in, right?
Never mind that when a segment of the public sector goes on strike it just means you're being strong-armed into having a little bit less so they can have a little bit more.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
LMFAO Oh yeah, govts just rake in the cash from a unionized snivel service. You do realize that the snivel service is paid FROM the tax coffers, right? You do realize that no matter how much or how little a snivel servant makes, they will always be taking more out than they are putting in, right?
Never mind that when a segment of the public sector goes on strike it just means you're being strong-armed into having a little bit less so they can have a little bit more.
snivel snivel snivel!you will be o.k.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB

take it to your MP.

I work nights, and weekends, and holidays usually to a total of 60 or more hrs a week. I would bet my deductions are more than your gross. How about you go f*ck yourself with your delusions about unions. Unions are a drain on the rest of us not a boon to the economy. You do half the work for twice the pay all funded by the rest of us that actually work hard.

The whole point of this topic is that the govt paid kickbacks to the unions for things that union dues are supposed to cover and in return the unions spent the money on campaign advertising for the liberals. It is corruption on both sides. If you support your union that's one thing but it would seem you support the corruption of the electoral process in which case you need a good kick in the c*#t and a few years in jail.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Bwaaahahaha!!!

Tim Who looks better and better every day.

Doctors, of which Wynne is not, 7% pay cut.

Teachers, of which Wynne is, handed millions.

Pffft! Wynne doesn't owe the doctors her career.

And to top it off, JT hitched his wagon to this shooting star.

You can't make up this kind of comedy.

Anyone else wonder how hard it was to keep this out of the lime light before the election?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The exact same things that are deducted from every other employed person, except for union dues. Can't blame those on the govt.

Very little except OAP and taxes taken off mine. ANd union dues of course. Everything else is 100% employer paid. All depends on the union.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
That's all you got? I shouldn't be surprised after I called you on your utter nonsense. All I've seen you capable of is infantile retorts.
what ever that means,why is it when i write something,and i mean something,i am held accountable for everything i write,as response is usually character assination and opinion dismissal,
yes this is all i got,what you looking for JInentonix,i am shy by nature,you can only imagine what i am capable of.
what does infantile retorts mean?i will agree or disagree.
what you want sweetie?

I work nights, and weekends, and holidays usually to a total of 60 or more hrs a week. I would bet my deductions are more than your gross. How about you go f*ck yourself with your delusions about unions. Unions are a drain on the rest of us not a boon to the economy. You do half the work for twice the pay all funded by the rest of us that actually work hard.

The whole point of this topic is that the govt paid kickbacks to the unions for things that union dues are supposed to cover and in return the unions spent the money on campaign advertising for the liberals. It is corruption on both sides. If you support your union that's one thing but it would seem you support the corruption of the electoral process in which case you need a good kick in the c*#t and a few years in jail.
sounds like your profession is in the oil field or related work,my apologies for existing as a working class Alberta.it doesn't take much pay to meet my gross,you are right on that topic politicalNick.do you know what a delusion is?or the variance of delusions,you sound like you know what your talking about,are you a doctor?
corruption is everywhere if you haven't noticed,possibly you may want to think about making some coin in a different line of work,the time is good to take on some "under the table" work,as people making money in the black market says,the time is good for making some extra money,these people are hardworking too.
now i am aware,thanks politicalNick for the wisdom.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com