Halifax Dairy Queen Creates Stephen Harper 'Sorry For Your Loss' Cake

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Well, DQ did something different, that’s for sure.

An ice cream cake featuring an edible photo of outgoing Prime Minister Stephen Harper drummed up some laughs on Twitter, shortly after his election defeat.

Sandwiched between the words "Sorry for your loss" in red icing, the politically flavoured dessert was spotted at one of the chain’s Halifax locations.

CBC News managed to get a picture of the cake last week before it sold out.

Last edited:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Will be interesting to see what the revenues look like in the next 24 months when NS stops receiving their needed transfer payments.

Wonder if they'll be offering cakes with their bankruptcy notice

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Will be interesting to see what the revenues look like in the next 24 months when NS stops receiving their needed transfer payments.

Wonder if they'll be offering cakes with their bankruptcy notice

Are all conbots this afraid of the economy?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Holy crap. Well, Glibs and Dippers might like eating a cake with Helmet-head's pic on it but I would not even feed it to my chickens. They had to choose a pic of him looking so bitter?

Actually, come to think of it, I would not feed any cake to my chickens with ANY politicians visage on it.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
I think that is a gracious gesture!
People wanted Harper gone; he is gone. There was no need to attack him after his defeat like a flock of vultures. But all you 'changers' just couldn't stop, could you?
Now is the time for classy people to give him credit for the good he did. Yes, he DID do some good things. And the last nice thing he did was invite Trudeau to accompany him in the laying of the War Memorial Wreath. The act of a gentleman.
So I'll add my sentiments; Sorry for your loss, Mr. Harper.