Wynne encourages Trudeau to enter a North American Climate Change Deal

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
It's like NAFTA - but for the environment! :D

Wynne encourages Trudeau to pursue North American climate change strategy

Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne is encouraging Prime Minister-designate Justin Trudeau to pursue more climate change agreements with international partners, including a major deal with the U.S. and Mexico.

Speaking to CTV’s Question Period, Wynne was hesitant to tell Trudeau what to do, but pressed for more cross-border climate change agreements.

“I think the more agreements we can get across jurisdictions, the better off we will be. And so my hope would be that he will be in conversation with those North American leaders. That can only support our position in the global discussion,” said Wynne.

The Liberal premier was also hopeful that world leaders will reach a global climate change deal at the United Nations summit in Paris this December. And she’s confident that Trudeau, who has invited the premiers and his fellow federal leaders to join him at the Paris conference, will strengthen Canada’s position in fight against global climate change.

“I think that our voice can be a very strong one, given our geographic size and given the fact that we’re pulling in the same direction now across the country,” said Wynne.

Trudeau has also promised to hold a first ministers' meeting with the premiers within 90 days of the Paris meeting, where they are expected to discuss federal and provincial approaches to climate change. For instance, he has said he will work with the provinces and territories to set a national carbon price.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/politi...th-american-climate-change-strategy-1.2626611

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
If one believes that man-made CO2 will change the climate in any significant way, having 1 or 2 nations do somethings at the price of their own prosperity will mean absolutely nothing when other nations do nothing. The other nations economies will grow some at the expense of ours and more CO2 will be put into the atmosphere.

Or course, if CO2 is not a threat all the above is true and we would have hindered our economy for no reason whatsoever.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
A North American agreement on the environment would also be fantastic news for the economy.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
A North American agreement on the environment would also be fantastic news for three economy.

Not a chance. No sound speculation or prediction is possible without disclosure of TPP details. We'll all have to wait at least four years to even begin to unravel the details. By then it will be far to late to revolt.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
When the price of gas goes up so does the price of everything that has to be transportred...
But too much NDP or Liberal Koolaid keeps you from seeing the obvious.....

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Change is hard for senile curmudgeons I know.

You'll be fine.

You'll be DEAD so it doesn't matter anyway. :lol:

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Yep.

That is how Mr. Wonderful is going to help the middle class.....by making power incredibly expensive, just like Wynne.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Still on about shifting focus to the NDP seats.

You're the only person that cares lol

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Still on about shifting focus to the NDP seats.

You're the only person that cares lol

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
The only people hurt by the election are CPC supporters.

I've been singing Sweet Caroline all week. :D

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
aw Come on. No more stupid deals that not only leaves Canuckville looking like an Ozarks dumb hick, but costs us wheelbarrows full of dough.
I do not mind doing things to take care of humanity's home, but "agreements" and "deals" are not the answer.