For Wynne, Trudeau’s ascent also a victory for Ontario

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
For Wynne, Trudeau’s ascent also a victory for Ontario

Never before have the provincial and federal platforms been so closely aligned – they are almost interchangeable, notes a senior Wynne official, on a number of issues, including values, family, the environment, retirement security and infrastructure.

“Our historical investment in infrastructure, $130-billion plus over 10 years, matches exactly what they put forward in 10 years …” notes a senior Wynne aide. Mr. Trudeau has promised to spend $125-billion over 10 years. He will run three “modest” deficits.

Not in recent history, either, have the senior teams around a federal prime minister and a provincial premier been so closely connected, both professionally and personally.

A senior Wynne aide described the team from Ontario helping out Mr. Trudeau as “massive.” His expectation is that many Queen’s Park Liberal staffers will end up in Ottawa on the Hill. “We’re happy about that,” he says. “They’re going to need good staff and we have good staff. We’ve been thinking of that possibility for a year.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...y-for-ontario/article26963254/?service=mobile

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Might not mean much, unless the perpetually stupid forget she lied to help Justin get elected. She gave 3.7mil to the teachers union without so much as a single receipt. 4mil to the new hydro one CEO. And now she's turning on the elementary teachers union, lol.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
The alternative was Whodat.

Liberals get away with underperforming because Conservatives do such terrible job.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Although I agree with your sentiment. He looks way better about now.

Liberals get away with underperforming because Conservatives do such terrible job.
No, they get away with lying, thieving and the rest of the crap they pull, because stupid people vote for them.

I remember how happy you were when she took Ontario.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Whodat will never look good again, just as Ford and Harper won't.

Canada wants nice favouring to go with policy.

By the way, I have no regrets with either election.

Losing a few bucks has never influenced my decision.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Whodat will never look good again, just as Ford and Harper won't.

Canada wants nice favouring to go with policy.

By the way, I have no regrets with either election.

Losing a few bucks has never influenced my decision.

Favouring or flavouring?

I don't mind losing a few bucks if it doesn't go to groups studying the equality of woman or other liberal art losers. Fix my roads, build me better bridges, improve my healthcare and my kids education. Too much other crap hanging of the Lieberals to make them trustworthy with any more of my money.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I sure hope that the Trudeau Liberals keep a national focus and don't favour specific regions. Harper lost that script, maybe from the very beginning and the divisiveness of his politics led to his downfall. Having said that, the Liberal history of causing division in the country is rather dismal, too. Expect a resurgence of the Quebec Sovereigntist movement, even though it has practically disappeared, now. There is the mistaken idea out there (seen on this forum) that the Liberals and Quebec are some sort of friends.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Favouring or flavouring?

I don't mind losing a few bucks if it doesn't go to groups studying the equality of woman or other liberal art losers. Fix my roads, build me better bridges, improve my healthcare and my kids education. Too much other crap hanging of the Lieberals to make them trustworthy with any more of my money.

All Provincial responsibilities. Don't expect a new PM to change that.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
liberals get away with this sh!t because the extra froth latte betas that elect them are as apathetic as they come. as long as liberals don't interrupt their antiquing, yoga classes or cbc building tours they're fine with any amount of douchebaggery.

oh, and they're stupid as a bag of hair but that's for another time.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
When conbots aren't railing against academics and promoting the 'little guy', their praising elitism.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta

Another great thread. The Conservatives and their supporters have shown themselves to be inept and out of touch with average Canadians. Rather than take a good hard look in the mirror, let's just call Canadians "stupid". It would be pathetic if it wasn't so hilarious.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Flossy's

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I don't mind losing a few bucks if it doesn't go to groups studying the equality of woman or other liberal art losers. Fix my roads, build me better bridges, improve my healthcare and my kids education.
So in other words, you have no problem with government spending money as long as it benefits you. I guess that's the difference between a real conservative like myself and a pretend conservative like you. I look at the value to taxpayers of a given program, not the value to me. We have too many NIMBY's in this country.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
When conbots aren't railing against academics and promoting the 'little guy', their praising elitism.

Railing against academics? Definitely. Not rallying against BAs wouldn't feel right and don't get me started on community tech college "graduates":roll:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So in other words, you have no problem with government spending money as long as it benefits you. I guess that's the difference between a real conservative like myself and a pretend conservative like you. I look at the value to taxpayers of a given program, not the value to me. We have too many NIMBY's in this country.

You are not a conservative. But if it benefits the taxpayers yes. If it benefits some small section of leaches on society, no.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
You are not a conservative.

Of course I am. I'm one of the few true conservatives on this site. I constantly argue for less government, reduced program spending and balanced budgets. If you find that you are constantly at odds with me then you should look in the mirror and ask yourself why

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
That Ontario Pension stuff is still floating around in TV ads. Didn't she promise to ditch that stuff if Justin got in? Prediction or prophecy (or just typical lying politics)