Jan 28, 2007
I voted Conservative.
My taxes will not increase.
Canada will continue to support Israel.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
My son, 41 years, told me he was voting Liberal.....

I forgave him....It's the first time in his life he votes......he doesn't know any better.
I will be cancelling his vote, and it will be two less votes for the NDP in this NDP stronghold!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The candidate I voted for will likely:

1. support either abrogating or at least modifying Bill C-51.

2. Gradually close the funding gap between on-reserve and off-reserve public schools.

Though her party promises to balance the books, I'm not holing my breath on that. I trust her party on that point about as much as I trust Harper's on that same point.

davesmom

Council Member
Oct 11, 2015
Southern Ontario
My son, 41 years, told me he was voting Liberal.....

I forgave him....It's the first time in his life he votes......he doesn't know any better.
I will be cancelling his vote, and it will be two less votes for the NDP in this NDP stronghold!

I wish anyone who can't vote for Conservatives would vote NDP. I don't like the NDP but I prefer them over the 'spend and tax' Liberals.
ANYBODY but Trudeau! Please!

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
The independent candidate I am voting for will likely not win. Too bad. He's the best of the lot.

You vote like I do. I don't care if he has a chance of winning. If he's the best candidate, he's earned my vote.

I had an independent candidate in my riding too. I always give a tied vote to the independent candidate. But in my case unfortunately, he dodn't show the necessary competence compared to the NDP candidate.

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
I wish anyone who can't vote for Conservatives would vote NDP. I don't like the NDP but I prefer them over the 'spend and tax' Liberals.
ANYBODY but Trudeau! Please!

You don't want the 'spend and tax' liberals but want the 'tax and spend' NDP? Quite the paradox.

You vote like I do. I don't care if he has a chance of winning. If he's the best candidate, he's earned my vote.

I had an independent candidate in my riding too. I always give a tied vote to the independent candidate. But in my case unfortunately, he dodn't show the necessary competence compared to the NDP candidate.

I am fortunate in that the Libertarian candidate here is also the best and brightest of the bunch. I do not think he will win but he will get a lot of votes including mine.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
You don't want the 'spend and tax' liberals but want the 'tax and spend' NDP? Quite the paradox.

The Liberals are borrow and spend.

The NDP claims to be tax and spend.

I prefer the latter.

The Conservatives claim to be cut spending and balance the debt, but the last near decade shows that they are actually borrow and cut taxes.

If the NDP can be trusted, then that makes them better than the other two.

If the NDP can't be trusted, then it's no better than the rest.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of the NDP on many fronts including economic. In fact, I tend to prefer the Conservative party's rhetoric on That front.

That said, the NDP does habe a far superior social-libertarian policy than the Conservatives. The only thing the Conservative Party has going for it is on economic policy. But when it comes to fundamental freedoms, they are horrible.

Of course I'm not saying don't vote Conservative. Depending on your local riding you might have a competent and independent-minded Conservative candidate who will not blindly toe the party line.

What i will say though is vote for that candidate, not his party.

I am fortunate in that the Libertarian candidate here is also the best and brightest of the bunch. I do not think he will win but he will get a lot of votes including mine.

I'd voted for the Libertarian Party candidate two provincial elections ago. He was moderate and competent.

My libertarian candidate in the last provincial election, not so competent. It gave me the impression that they just needed to put a bum in a chair and so chose him. That election I'd voted for the Progressive Conservative candidate.

Just goes to show that it really does come down to the candidate in the end. A Parliament comprising competent candidates could make even a bad platform work. One comprising incompetents can make even the best platform fail.

Last edited:

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Of course I'm not saying don't vote Conservative. Depending on your local riding you might have a competent and independent-minded Conservative candidate who will not blindly toe the party line.
Our PC candidate is an idiot and a lap-dog for the leadership. I've talked to him at length...he's completely useless.
What i will say though is vote for that candidate, not his party.
I do and always encourage people to do the same.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
My Conservative candidate didn't even publish his e-mail address! How would his constituents even get hold of him if he became or MP? Another bench warmer.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The independent candidate I am voting for will likely not win. Too bad. He's the best of the lot.

Not surprising.

My Conservative candidate didn't even publish his e-mail address! How would his constituents even get hold of him if he became or MP? Another bench warmer.

To start with he would get a Government email address if he became MP so his current on would be more or less useless.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Not surprising.

To start with he would get a Government email address if he became MP so his current on would be more or less useless.

And how were we supposed to ask him questions during the canpaign? Obviously he was happy to let the party think and speak on his behalf (i.e. a bench warmer).

Last edited:

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
BS. All candidates have email addresses that are easily accessible from their websites.