Should Canada promote friendlier relations with Russia?

Should Canada promote friendlier relations with Russia?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Other answer.

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I'll admit that I like Russia's style. Soft-spoken, friendly, competent, trustworthy, respectful of international law (or can at least overwhelmingly win a referendum when it doesn't), and doesn't fight a war it doesn't know with certainty beforehand that it can win efficiently.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Have to agree completely. I like the fact that anyone in Russia who disagrees with Putin is listened to respectfully, and never has any harm come to them.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Canada going to war with Russia would be the stupidest thing ever
and we are already in a proxy war with them in the muddle east
for not Canadian reasons

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
ok
so compare Putins ratings to Harpers and take a little look at Harper reegime "anti terrorism" initiatives and the ones coming with the TTP
also note the vote fraud convictions in the US have PROVED those recent national elections as completely fraudulent
obama has vote fraud convictions in his organization that completely invalidate his Democratic nomination in the first place

also Russians as people are as close to canadians as you can get
note too, the bolshevics were funded and directed by international bankers who have been busted as having directed the murder of the czar and famille, and were paid back for their "investment"

its fun to be played though innit
and have a nice day
ps

Last edited:

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
I admit that I am still angry at Russia's illegal incursion into Syria, but how does that compare to the US and the UK providing ISIS with fleets of Toyotas and Canada spending all of that money pretending to be seriously fighting ISIS after all these months?

If we can befriend ISIS-enablers, then we can certainty befriend illegal invaders who were at least welcomed with open arms and an overwhelming referendum show of support to boot.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
being invited in by the democratically elected government is ILLEGAL?

ok
thanks for making my point about being played

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Harper's antiterrorism initiatives are an affront to human rights in Canada, not to mention discriminatory underfunding of First Nation schools.

Russia might not be perfect, but neither are we. Pots and kettles can certainly be friends.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
being invited in by the democratically elected government is ILLEGAL?

ok
thanks for making my point about being played

Ukraine did not invite Russia into Crimea. That was an illegal invasion and Russia was wrong in doing that.

All I'm saying is that we're pots calling the kettle black if we can support providing ISIS with Toyotas which it then uses to go out and behead and burn people.

Add to that that, though an overwhelming referendum of support still did not excuse Russia's invasion, it is still a factor to consider none-the-less. The US intervention in Syria was techie ally illegal sinse the US was never invited.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
I don't mean to be to be difficult
but:
i have seen zero proof about russia's actual "invasion" in Ukraine is anything more then spin
i do know crimia voted and invited

but look at the us/nato invasions
no invites there
and no wmds or bin ladens either
its all been BS

thats my point about being played

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
but:
i have seen zero proof about russia's actual "invasion" in Ukraine is anything more then spin

but look at the us/nato invasion
no invites there
and no wmd either
its all been BS

I agree there is no proof of Russia invading other parts of Ukraine, but the Crimea referendum was not to invite Russia in, but to welcome it to stay after the fact. The initial ou patio and even the referendum were illegal. Yes the referendum may have been democratic an gave Russia overwhelming support, and that is a mitigating factor.

As for Russia's anti-gay laws, they are no worse than Canada's antiterror laws and school underfunding on reserves, not to mention the Conservatives themselves have tried to reverse Canada's gay marriage laws in recent history.

Plus we're fighting alongside the US that had illegally top led Sadam Hussain on false pretense and then illegally entered Syria.

Heck, Canadian ploi toxins were cheering Kiev protestor violently occupying ministry buildings prior to the Russian invasion of Crimea.

Some criticize the Kremlin's close ties to the Russian Orthodox Church, yet we ignore our official ties to the Church of England through the Queen and the separate school system.

All I'm saying is that for Canada to even pretend to be morally superior is pure rubbish, so ket's drop the pretense and trade with Russia already. Heck, China is harvesting Falun Gong organs and trying to assimilate Tibetans. If we can trade with China, why not Russia?

but:

but look at the us/nato invasions
no invites there
and no wmds or bin ladens either
its all been BS

I'm not being played at all I don't think. Toppling Sadam Hussain's regime was BS from the start.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'll admit that I like Russia's style. Soft-spoken, friendly, competent, trustworthy, respectful of international law (or can at least overwhelmingly win a referendum when it doesn't), and doesn't fight a war it doesn't know with certainty beforehand that it can win efficiently.

No sense mixing it up with the Russkis- just keep an eye on the bastards!

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I admit that I am still angry at Russia's illegal incursion into Syria, but how does that compare to the US and the UK providing ISIS with fleets of Toyotas and Canada spending all of that money pretending to be seriously fighting ISIS after all these months?

If we can befriend ISIS-enablers, then we can certainty befriend illegal invaders who were at least welcomed with open arms and an overwhelming referendum show of support to boot.

Now you're being foolish. If the US and UK are providing ISIS with fleets of Toyotas then so is Canada. Your hands aren't clean brah.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Let the games begin with Harper apologizing before the election or let him lose in his home riding.
So Wally, do you think Harper was acting like an adult that day he 'ambushed' Putin with the 'Crimea' comment? (and then didn't wait for a reply. You have to wonder how many times Harper practiced that in front of a big mirror.

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
No sense mixing it up with the Russkis- just keep an eye on the bastards!
We are supposed to do that with our own elected people, that is why there used to be Government watchdogs. Fire them when they are 65 and put them into schools as teachers and rebrand them as Government Watchdogs.