Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think this is a choice for the woman. Oh I am aware that the woman is
often dominated by the man when coming here. Perhaps we have been
doing things a little backward here. Maybe instead we should hold a series
of required get acquainted with Canada sessions. First women with women
men with men etc. The customs and laws could be pointed out to people
so they can take advantage of their rights and obligations of being a citizen.
Women could be informed of their rights and that the law will be enforced to
protect them. In addition men can discover they are part of a societal
partnership and their wives are not property and behaving in an abusive manner
has consequences. This before citizenship is granted. I believe it is at least
five years to citizenship it should be seven with an understanding checklist
that must be completed. At anytime where the laws are broken deportation can
take place for the offender only.
And Yes this would be people coming from anywhere from any societal background
it would not be meant to be profiling. This would not be about citizenship so much
as it would be about clarifying what rights immigrants have in a manner they fully
understand and how their protection is secured

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I've said before and I'll say it again until I'm blue in the face: Muslim head garments, such as the niqab and the burka, have no place in modern Western societies and should be banned, as the likes of France and Belgium already have.

This is just so obvious.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Oh look.... another (soon to be) anti-christian thread!

I think this is a choice for the woman. Oh I am aware that the woman is
often dominated by the man when coming here. Perhaps we have been
doing things a little backward here. Maybe instead we should hold a series
of required get acquainted with Canada sessions. First women with women
men with men etc. The customs and laws could be pointed out to people
so they can take advantage of their rights and obligations of being a citizen.
Women could be informed of their rights and that the law will be enforced to
protect them. In addition men can discover they are part of a societal
partnership and their wives are not property and behaving in an abusive manner
has consequences. This before citizenship is granted. I believe it is at least
five years to citizenship it should be seven with an understanding checklist
that must be completed. At anytime where the laws are broken deportation can
take place for the offender only.
And Yes this would be people coming from anywhere from any societal background
it would not be meant to be profiling. This would not be about citizenship so much
as it would be about clarifying what rights immigrants have in a manner they fully
understand and how their protection is secured

You can always dream DG... but in the end they're pretty much going to do what they want when they find out they can.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The niqab vote has been exhausted.

You guys really need to give this up now unless you want to continue handing votes to Justin Time.

right to left

Oct 14, 2015
Hamilton
Has anyone here ever considered that few Muslim women in Canada are going to be wearing niqabs regardless of what the demagogues in government say or do? And the more they condemn the niqab, and call for a ban on wearing such garments, the more the average Muslims will view Canadians and Canadian culture in general as hostile towards them.

I live in a very mixed, multicultural neighbourhood with people coming from all over the world, and I haven't seen any burqas or niqabs yet. But, it hasn't gone unnoticed by the few Muslims I've talked to, that this looks like a wedge issue....and something of a dogwhistle to be used to motivate average white and older voters to consider all darker recent immigrants as potential threats to them?

It makes me sick how Harper and Duceppe have seized upon this issue for political advantage. I don't see anything good coming from politicizing this sort of issue....but it looks like Harper has brought American-style politics north of the border this time around.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Has anyone here ever considered that few Muslim women in Canada are going to be wearing niqabs regardless of what the demagogues in government say or do? And the more they condemn the niqab, and call for a ban on wearing such garments, the more the average Muslims will view Canadians and Canadian culture in general as hostile towards them.
Ya think?

PoliticalNick

The Troll Bashing Troll
Mar 8, 2011
Edson, AB
Let them wear the darn thing if they want as long as their identity is proven somehow. If that means showing their face to a woman behind closed doors first then so be it. The ceremony is just that...ceremony. All the identity checks etc are already finished at that point and the family dog can attend on her behalf without it making any difference. I never attended my citizenship ceremony and know quite a few others who didn't either.

As for the public thing well unless you are going to ban turbans and yamulkes and mitres etc then just leave them all alone. The entire issue is designed to divide and create an atmosphere of hatred and suspicion in order to justify spending billions to bomb middle-eastern countries for control of natural resources.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA

Would everyone please shut up! People are going to start talking about Caun-ada eh!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Would everyone please shut up! People are going to start talking about Caun-ada eh!

Twila

Nanah Potato
Mar 26, 2003
Islam is repressive ideology and western society should enforce our principles over their backward religion. If they want to live like that, GO THE FUKK BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM!!!

It is odd that Muslims kills Muslims for not being muslim enough and instead of changing their countries so they're like they want, they simply pick up stakes and head to a non muslim country and try to change it.

It's almost the definition of insanity, isn't it?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

I live in a very mixed, multicultural neighbourhood with people coming from all over the world, and I haven't seen any burqas or niqabs yet. But, it hasn't gone unnoticed by the few Muslims I've talked to, that this looks like a wedge issue....and something of a dogwhistle to be used to motivate average white and older voters to consider all darker recent immigrants as potential threats to them?

It makes me sick how Harper and Duceppe have seized upon this issue for political advantage. I don't see anything good coming from politicizing this sort of issue....but it looks like Harper has brought American-style politics north of the border this time around.

We don't care what newcomers think. Our country our rules. If thy don't like it, fuk off. There are plenty of people that would love to come to Canada and become Canadians.

It is odd that Muslims kills Muslims for not being muslim enough and instead of changing their countries so they're like they want, they simply pick up stakes and head to a non muslim country and try to change it.

It's almost the definition of insanity, isn't it?

Not when the leftards here let them get away with it. Many on the extreme left like flossy actually help them disrupt our way of life.