Girl Guides of Canada updates guidelines to welcome transgender girls

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Omgz what's next? Tranny cookies?!?

Girl Guides of Canada updates guidelines to welcome transgender girls

TORONTO - Transgender children wanting to take part in girl guide programs across the country are officially welcome to join in.

Girl Guides of Canada says it's developed a set of guidelines designed to respect and accommodate all children identifying as female.

Chief Commissioner Pamela Rice says the document will help leaders respect the wishes of anyone identifying as transgender and answer questions from those who don't.

The policies cover a variety of topics from washroom use to privacy during camping trips, and apply across the entire 5 to 18 age range the organization serves.

Rice says the guidelines also apply to transgender people who choose to lead a guiding troop.

She says the central message that shaped the new guidelines is simple -- regardless of how a child was born, a girl is a girl.

Girl Guides of Canada updates guidelines to welcome transgender girls | CTV News

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
To be honest, I think it's time they started welcoming boys into their ranks.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
That already exists.

Not in Britain. The Boy Scouts remains far more inclusive than the Girl Guides (although, of course, being an organisation that was originally male-only this would have been deemed as sexist so they were probably FORCED to accept girls against their will. Of course, the Girl Guides has never been forced to accept boys).

Since 2007, girls of all ages have been allowed to join UK Scout groups, which traditionally were only for boys.

However the Girl Guides don't allow boys in and the new head of the organisation, Julie Bentley, says that's the way it should be.

In fact, sex discrimination laws ALLOW the Girl Guides to ban boys - whilst men-only clubs are attacked by sex discrimination laws as being "sexist" and many are being forced to shut down.

In fact, probably more girls are now joining the Scouts than boys, so males can't have time on their own in just other male company - a male-space - even by joing the Scouts. Even that has now been taken over by females.

This is just another example of the PC hypocrisy we are faced with on a daily basis.

Teenage boy who wanted to join Girl Guides accuses organisation of sexual discrimination after he is turned away

A teenage boy barred from a Girl Guides meeting has accused the organisation of sexual discrimination.

Thomas Desai, 17, was invited by two female friends to join them at their weekly session at the Guide hut, but he was turned away at the door.

'I made the assumption, as girls are welcome to be members of the Scouting movement, I would be welcome,' said Thomas, from Crowborough, East Sussex.

Sex discrimination laws allow the Guiding movement to exclude boys, but Thomas criticised the organisation's 'backward ethos'.

Guiding bosses have fiercely defended their stance, saying it was 'vital' in today's society for a girls-only group to be available.

Sixth-form student Thomas had been invited to a meeting of the Crowborough District Rangers, the section of the Guiding movement for 14- to 26-year-old women, where regular activities include hiking, cooking, crafts and challenges.

'I was disgusted,' he said. 'My friends were surprised. They thought I would be welcome.

'It's not as if I was some strange person going on my own. I was with friends. They turned me away just because I was a male.'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
What makes me laugh is how girls are allowed into the Scouts to show how they are able to compete with the boys - but are then given it much easier than the boys!

I know of somebody whose son is in the Scouts and when they go away on hiking and camping trips it's always the girls who get to choose where to go. Once they get to their hiking destination they then go off on different hikes in mixed boy and girl groups. But the girls don't have to walk as many miles as the boys have to do and when the girls start feeling tired they are given walking sticks to aid them, something which the boys aren't allowed to have. Not only that, but the boys have to carry the girls' backpacks when the girls are tiring.

So Scouts groups allow in girls to show how these girls are able to "hack it" with the boys - but then they find out the girls CAN'T hack it with the boys after all and the girls are, therefore, are given special treatment!

That's equality for you, eh ladies?

Poor Blackleaf. He is obviously scarred for life by the Girl Guides' rejection.

Well, the thing is, I'm right, and you know I am.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Don't you just love it when the same people who fiercely oppose political correctness are fiercely supporting political correctness?

It has that pungent scent of irony.

I could just whiff that kind of hypocrisy all day long.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Holy crap. Glad my kids are out of this shjt. Why can't it be about camping and skill learning as it was meant to be. Baden Powell would condemn this asinine policy.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Don't you just love it when the same people who fiercely oppose political correctness are fiercely supporting political correctness?

It has that pungent scent of irony.

I could just whiff that kind of hypocrisy all day long.
You could shower.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How many kids in Canada, who aren't mentally ill, are transgendering of their own volition? I'd say the number is zero.