Conservatives' #BarbaricCulturalPractices pledge stirs reaction

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
#isthisreallife

They might as well just come out and say we're racist :lol:

Conservatives' #BarbaricCulturalPractices pledge stirs reaction

The Conservatives on Friday pledged to establish a tip line for reporting "barbaric cultural practices" to the RCMP, bringing a good deal of reaction on Twitter under a hashtag coined by Kellie Leitch.

Leitch and fellow Conservative candidate Chris Alexander said a re-elected Conservative government would establish the tip line and would increase funds to help international organizations stop forced marriages of young girls.

"The Conservative government is not afraid to defend Canadian values," Leitch said at a press conference in Ajax, Ont. "By contrast, (Liberal Leader) Justin Trudeau and (NDP Leader) Tom Mulcair are more worried about political correctness than tackling these difficult issues that impact women."

Leitch, the Conservative candidate for Simcoe-Grey and the labour minister and minister for the status of women in the Harper government, tweeted ahead of the announcement with the hashtag #BarbaricCulturalPractices

..more..

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/trending/barbaric-cultural-practices-twitter-1.3254479

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
I voted for Leitch this week, she's a wonderful lady.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
If the Conservatives win and they create this tip line, I would be interesting to see what actually gets reported. These hate-baiting tactics have worked. They are clearly pushing more of it.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
@22_Minutes: PM confirms fighting in hockey does not count as one of "those" #BarbaricCulturalPractices.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
If the Conservatives win and they create this tip line, I would be interesting to see what actually gets reported. These hate-baiting tactics have worked. They are clearly pushing more of it.
Just because you endorse 12 year-old girls being forced into marriage doesn't make it unbarbaric.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
I thought they were talking about female "circumcision", and commented on it . My comment was promptly taken down...................

twice !! If that ain't a barbaric cultural practice, what is ?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

A brief political rant Posted by Marcello Di Cintio on October 2, 2015 in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

I will be plain. We’ve reached the point where voting for the Conservative Party of Canada is an immoral act.
Instead of appealing to our better natures – instead of invoking the once-Canadian values like inclusion, fairness and compromise – Harper and his cabal have chosen to appeal to the worst of us. This is their strategy. Beneath his blue tent squirm the fearful, the greedy, the xenophobic, the small-minded and the knowledge-averse. Nobody else is there.
How little our Prime Minister must think of us. How foolish and easily manipulated he believes us to be.

A brief political rant | Elsewhere

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007

A brief political rant Posted by Marcello Di Cintio on October 2, 2015 in Uncategorized | Leave a comment

I will be plain. We’ve reached the point where voting for the Conservative Party of Canada is an immoral act.
Instead of appealing to our better natures – instead of invoking the once-Canadian values like inclusion, fairness and compromise – Harper and his cabal have chosen to appeal to the worst of us. This is their strategy. Beneath his blue tent squirm the fearful, the greedy, the xenophobic, the small-minded and the knowledge-averse. Nobody else is there.
How little our Prime Minister must think of us. How foolish and easily manipulated he believes us to be.

A brief political rant | Elsewhere
Lotta hate in that rant.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Or you don't know what cultural or barbaric means.
Oh I know I do. It's left-tards that have a real problem understanding what the latter means while conflating "cultural/religious rights" with being accepting of hideous acts of abuse, usually by pretending they don't happen.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Oh I know I do. It's left-tards that have a real problem understanding what the latter means while conflating "cultural/religious rights" with being accepting of hideous acts of abuse, usually by pretending they don't happen.
Does your anger chafe your nuts? Does the steam coming out of your ears singe your hair? Have a Gin and tonic and mellow out dude.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012

I'm thinking the Jewish practice of circumcising males.

Oh, and what of the barbaric practice of killing animals for food ?

I actually heard someone on a Toronto radio station say she was proud of Harper for this because she "lives in Markham and the Chinese there abuse dogs". Thankfully the host did not let her get away with that statement and actually pressed her on the issue and asked why she had never called 911 or the SPCA etc., and she admitted that she has never seen it, but has heard rumours about it.

Obviously she's confused about a certain area in China where this happens let the games begin.......

The Malicious Practices Act (Verordnung zur Abwehr heimtückischer Diskreditierung der nationalen Regierung) was passed on 21 March 1933 in Nazi Germany. It was part of a series of events that occurred within 1933, which marked the brutality and resilience of the Nazi party. From here on life for thousands of Germans would be controlled and monitored for those dubbed as ‘social outcasts’. Not only were many killed; others were forced into Nazi concentration camps in order to allow the German economy to flourish and eradicate opposition to the Nazi Party. The Act in particular portrayed some of the Nazis' key political and philosophical policies.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Malicious_Practices_Act_1933

I'm going to report on the Mennonites and the FLDS for the barbaric practice of sending teenage girls to marry 50, 60 and 70 year olds..

And don't get me started on Christians ........

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010

Like pretending when goons on ice don't bring the fists of fury?

You just can't accept that this exercise would also meet the definition of a cultural, barbaric practice.

Oh Canada.