Prime Minister Stephen Harper only leader to reduce poverty

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
you're welcome.

Manny Montenegrino ‏@manny_ottawa

POVERTY! Since Canada elected @pmharper he's ONLY world leader to reduce Poverty. Dramatic
poverty from 16% to 9%

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh oh, I've upset you. I guess it was a question that caused you considerable difficulty.

It was a question that had nothing to do with the OP. Not unusual for you, but not deserving anymore than what you were given.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
It was a question that had nothing to do with the OP. Not unusual for you, but not deserving anymore than what you were given.

Of course it had something to do with the OP. Stop being so silly. If you don't understand, just ask and I will explain it to you.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Harpo reduces poverty..LOL
by election Day, it looks like he'll have all the worlds problems solved.
As long as we all have short-term memory loss

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
While Harper is no doubt the best we have, there may be a far better alternative as follows.

Subject: The next prime minister of Canada - and from SK to boot
There is a future for us yet, if a 21 year old can come up with this. This is a challenge for any politician.
Gotta love the Saskatchewan people This was written by a 21 yr. old female from Saskatchewan who gets it. She's worried about the future and this is how she feels about the social welfare system that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are just common sense in her opinion.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living".
Saskatchewan population is 48% native..
Put me in charge of food grants. I'd get rid of cash for potato chips or chocolate, just money for 50kg bags of rice and beans, blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want steak
and frozen pizza, then get a job.
Put me in charge of Healthcare. The first thing I'd do is to get women Norplant birth control implants or tubal ligation. Then, we'll test recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine and document all tattoos and piercings. If you want to reproduce or use drugs, alcohol, smoke or get tattoos and piercings, then get a job.
Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks? You WILL maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair. Your "home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your own place.
Put me in charge of compulsory job search. In addition, you will either present a cheque stub from a job each week or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo and speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."
Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of the above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self-esteem," consider that it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self-esteem. If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.
AND while you are on Govt subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes that is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest.....You will most likely vote for a 'welfare' government, so you must voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a government welfare cheque. If you want to vote, then get a job.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
watching the mad ones here spin and twist in the breeze is funny.