Should countries outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka?

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Should countries outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka?

http://cloudmind.info/hijab-niqab-and-burka-faq/

More and more Muslims are immigrating into western nations with varying degrees of success.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thXCb1VUBDg&feature=player_embedded

Canada, hot generally known as racist or intolerant, being a nation of immigrants, do not seem to have much use or tolerance for Muslim customs and having a religion deictate what women will wear.

http://www.therebel.media/in_quebec_the_niqab_issue?utm_campaign=rr_09_25_15&utm_medium=email&utm_source=therebel

Is Canada becoming intolerant and fed up with religions or is there some other reason for Canaian hard line against hijab niqab and burka?

What of the U.S.?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAJGXI5l88
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEHQU3w7Drc

Canada has not had a lot of problems to date. A few Honor killings when the young have refused to dress in the traditional way. I think that I would vote with the vast majority just to end Canadian Honor killings. I also see this as a safety issue in the sense that in a nation where so many do a lot of driving, to add blind spots caused by head and face wear seems like a poor idea.

To be frank though, I see Christianity and Islam as homophobic and misogynous religions and would vote for any measure that would reduce misogyny.

Are the large majority in Canada and elsewhere who would outlaw the hijab, niqab and burka wrong?

Regards
DL

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This country should, in public. What they do in their own homes is their business. I always thought the reason they moved here was because the sh*t in their native country was getting to be too much!

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Outlaw the bra, the girdle, and the high heel.
While I definitely see where you are going with that, I don't really see women in the West being forced to wear any of those items. Personally, I have no issue with the hijab. It doesn't cover the face and it's no more bothersome than the kerchiefs the little old ladies used to wear.

As far as the niqab and burka go, they are symbols of oppression. They are dehumanizing and have no place in Western society.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
While I definitely see where you are going with that, I don't really see women in the West being forced to wear any of those items. Personally, I have no issue with the hijab. It doesn't cover the face and it's no more bothersome than the kerchiefs the little old ladies used to wear.

As far as the niqab and burka go, they are symbols of oppression. They are dehumanizing and have no place in Western society.

I personally know women who wear them voluntarily. Adult converts to Islam.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
A better one will argue that there's no duty to flee, and that you had no way to safely flee.

Besides, who said anything about removing the shoe?
Incredibly long legs have you?

If you're wearing high heels, you've a better chance of being knocked to the ground than your assailant has ... but do continue with your thread hijack

Last edited:

Pearl

Time Out
Sep 26, 2015
Only if they outlaw brown shoes and lingerie as well. In other words, stop being racist!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Is Canada becoming intolerant and fed up with religions or is there some other reason for Canaian hard line against hijab niqab and burka?

A young Muslim woman in Pakistan, a Muslim country where the use of the burka has declined in recent years because Pakistani young women see it as outdated and a symbol of female oppression, embracing fashionable, modern clothing instead

Young Muslim women in Canada, a PC, liberal Christian country where the Left see burka-clad females as a fashionable minority and where they attack anyone who wants to get rid of the burka as "a bigot" and "a racist"

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Personally, I don't care if someone wants to dress like a bale of hay, a pile of crap or a bolt of cloth - but when it comes to security, I sure as hell want to know with who or what I'm dealing

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Personally, I don't care if someone wants to dress like a bale of hay, a pile of crap or a bolt of cloth - but when it comes to security, I sure as hell want to know with who or what I'm dealing

What gets me is those supermarkets with signs up telling people not to wear things like motorbike helmets in store so that their faces can be seen on CCTV. All to prevent shoplifting, of course. Yet Muslim women can enter these supermarkets with their faces fully veiled and not get challenged at all by security staff and get told to remove their veils. Well, it's "multiculturalism and diversity, isn't it?" and, as we all know, that is more important than security and the prevention of shoplifting. So, it comes as no surprise that there has been a spate of shopliftings and even one or two bank robberies lately in which the culprit is wearing a burka, even though they aren't a Muslim female. They wear such a disguise because they know it's the only facial covering they are allowed to wear in supermarkets and banks!

Police are hunting a bank robber who wore a full-length burka and sunglasses to hide his identity during a high street raid.

A CCTV image of the stocky offender released by Leicestershire Police shows him carrying a white handbag moments before the offence at 10.15am today.

The footage was recorded before the man entered a NatWest branch in Oadby, Leicester, threatened a staff member and demanded cash.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Why would they suddenly start wearing them when they are not religious garments? It's not like they became Afghani or Saudi or something.
Probably because they don't consult non-Muslim Canadians for interpretations of their religion.

Been through the Bible a couple times, never once saw a reference to wearing a cross. Doesn't stop millions of Christians from doing so. Know plenty of them'd grab their cross before their trousers in a fire.

Incredibly long legs have you?

If you're wearing high heels, you've a better chance of being knocked to the ground than your assailant has ... but do continue with your thread hijack
Just having a little fun, son. Sorry, didn't mean to hit your "surly" button.