Trudeau contradicts himself on costing in CTV interview

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
In the same sentence no less.

NDP press secretary James Valcke released a Vine of Trudeau and described the leader as contradicting himself in six seconds.

“We have a full costing coming out, no we, we’re the first that put out a fully costed framework”
- Justin Trudeau, CTV Atlantic, September 20, 2015

So which is it, have the Liberals put out a fiscal framework or haven’t they?

Trudeau added that he never said he'd balance the budget "as soon as" he got into office. He also denied that he changed his mind about balanced budgets.

The Liberal leader said that, after oil prices crashed, the billions of dollars in surplus talked about last year have "disappeared."

Trudeau's Steve Murphy CTV Interview Spurs Criticism From Tories, NDP

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
blah blah blah Vine of Trudeau blah blah blah

get a grip kid.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
When I watched the debate the other night, I noticed Jr. was sucking and blowing at the same time right off the bat. He said the economy under Harper was dismal and 2 minutes later when he's defending running a debt for 3 years, he said that debt to G.D.P. ratio was low.:) :) He's just not ready!

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Interviewer: describe yourself in 3 words

justin: not good with numbers

Ana Curic retweeted CBC News
Media ignored CPC when they put out release saying Trudeau plans to run permanent deficits. Well here you have it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Permanent deficits?

No, I agree that a balanced budget in 2019 is unproven but permanent deficits is misleading.