What party would you most trust to revise the Constitution?

• The Conservative Party of Canada.

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • The New Democratic Party of Canada.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • The Liberal Party of Canada.

• The Green Party of Canada.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Libertarian Party of Canada.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other answer.

• Total voters

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON

I was tempted to vote Libertarian, but then it would really depend on the individual candidates in each riding, so I chose other answer.

But if I had to choose a party, maybe Libertarian as a first choice.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I wouldn't. Period. They're politicians and, as such, cannot be trusted.

I wouldn't even consider beginning to think about possibly feeling comfortable about a revision of the Constitution without a national referendum first. And even then, the odds are still pretty low.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The flags behind them should be the flags of their corporate sponsors rather than multiple flags of the country they are representing, the people watching are already aware of that aspect.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Would you trust anyone that can only concentrate on a task for three days?
I just want the job done in three days. None of this womanly shilly-shallying, reconsidering, debating, and taking votes crap. Throw your instant drunken reaction out there and bawl at the top of your lungs until you make it the law of the land! It's what Real Canadians do.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

A team of hirsute clad eunuchs alloted six days of creative time under the pain of death if they should fail.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Historically, conservative platforms have always favored individual rights. Who do you think went to war to free the slaves in the US?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Historically, conservative platforms have always favored individual rights. Who do you think went to war to free the slaves in the US?
Nobody. The Union went to war to suppress a rebellion. The "free the slaves" line is the same sort of self-justifying bullsh*t as saying we went to war in WWII to save the Jews.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Nobody. The Union went to war to suppress a rebellion. The "free the slaves" line is the same sort of self-justifying bullsh*t as saying we went to war in WWII to save the Jews.

semantics on your part.

The winning side could have regulated slavery instead of making it illegal. They didn't.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,