Stephen Harper would quit as PM even if party loses by a seat

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
We've got one job people.

Stephen Harper would quit as PM even if party loses by a seat

Conservative Leader Stephen Harper says he will cease to be prime minister if his party comes a close second in the Oct. 19 election, signalling he will not resort to any procedural tactics to remain in power.

In a wide-ranging interview with CBC chief correspondent Peter Mansbridge, Harper was asked whether the party with the most seats should take power in a minority government situation.

"My position has always been if we win the most seats I will expect to form the government and if we don't, I won't," Harper said.

Mansbridge asked Harper if that would be the case, even if the Conservatives finish only couple of seats behind.

"Well, I would not serve as prime minister," Harper said.

...more..

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/politics/c...mansbridge-interview-stephen-harper-1.3218348

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
So he is as arrogant as Jim Prentice is he. He is in trouble and likely has an inkling
of what is coming. I think most people around the water cooler have decided he
should go and the long political funeral march is beginning or he wouldn't say that
right now.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
All we have to do is put him and a hooker (preferably human) together in his home riding.

I wonder how those inmates that were held in a 'toxic cell' as an experiment to show Judges the stages of insanity compare to an actual illness. (or whatever the experiments were about) Denying them legal council even after it was mentioned.
Great headlines, where do I have to move to, I saw a tent-trailer on kijiji just the other month that was within my price range. (can't afford a car so I will have to get it towed there) A motor-home with banners and a loudspeaker system.
It's coming together fast . . . lol

I wonder what riding a 'certain judge' was from because the Judicial Council of Canada is saying **** about an investigation. Was '*** tossed off the Bench' too strong a language?

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Is this true? Will this nation turn it's posterior to the pudgy little snots malignant face? Will his sucessor not be plugged into the same crap generation eguipment? Of course it will. remember hope and change. The American model will be imposed whichever dingbat is elected. We'er being asked to pick a pearl from a rotten barrel of apples. It won't happen. The ghost of Defenbaker rolls over and winks at Stanfields banana.
Mulrooney is slipped an envelope by some connected German.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
The last group we sent East ended up picking up the Eastern ways, lol. I don't see that trend being allowed to change.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC