Dipper, Fin Donnelly unapologetic after releasing false information

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

Early last week, after the heart-wrenching photo of three year old Alan Kurdi’s body lying on the shores of Turkey dominated headlines, Port Moody-Coquitlam NDP candidate Fin Donnelly told the media he hand delivered an appeal for Kurdi’s family to come to Canada directly to Citizenship and Immigration Minister Chris Alexander.

Donnelly explained Alexander said he would look into it, and says the application was declined in June.

However, it later came out that the application was actually made for Alan’s uncle, not Alan’s immediate family.

Speaking to Drex, on Drex Live earlier tonight, Donnelly would not admit he made a mistake when speaking to the public.

more and interview

Dean Skoreyko ‏@bcbluecon

Dean Skoreyko retweeted CKNW
Hey @RosieBarton, here's what a real interview of liar @FinDonnelly looks like

Fin Donnelly unapologetic after releasing false information | News Talk 980 CKNW | Vancouver's News. Vancouver's Talk

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
He is also the guy I heard on a radio interview that casually said "We've lost that(tradition), but ...."when the interviewer made reference to Canada's fine tradition of resettling refugees. He seemed unaware that Canada has traditionally resettled 1 out of 10 refugees worldwide.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Meh Dippers make mistakes, what's new?
That makes them a bit like Glibs and Cons.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I have to go back to the original post and say that there is a double standard here that really passes me off.

The whole point to releasing a media statement above hand delivery of an application was to imply that this was a serious issue of life and death for a child and any errors in process are totally unacceptable.

Yet, Donelly, submits an application for an uncle,ie application that does not include the child as immediately family. IN the context of the implications created by Donelly, this is a serious mistake that is equally unacceptable.

Yet Donelly doesn't look apologetic. That passes me of. Even the conservative minister flew back to his office to look into this.

What sort of message are this NDP rep sending? His mistakes will be swept under the rug?