Harper's Tim Hortons Photo-Op Mocked After He Asks To Not 'Handle The Cash'

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Don't worry, soon we'll all be working at the cash.

It's become something of a campaign tradition: Stephen Harper popping up behind the counter of a local Tim Hortons, dishing out double-doubles and doughnuts.

But on Monday, the veteran campaigner let slip a remark at a Tim's in Gananoque, Ont. that he may wish to take back.

"Tell me what to do, just don't let me handle the cash," the Tory leader said to Tim's staffers, presumably referring to the register.

According to The Brockville Reporter, Harper and Tory incumbent Gord Brown served "about a dozen pre-poured, capped cups of coffee" over a 20-minute visit.

It appears a lot of effort went into getting things just right.

"The PM's advance people arrived two hours ahead of time to assess the crowd, make sure there was room to park two buses (one for Harper’s entourage; the other for the press), and that the coffee was poured and ready for Harper," said the newspaper.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Yes the campaign is run by control freaks but every party regardless of how relaxed
they look are fronting the image to make sure its right for the event.
I am looking forward to people on the trail talking about issues and why they feel their
program would benefit Canada. I am not concerned about someone serving coffee
for fifteen minutes or twenty minutes.

bluebyrd35

Council Member
Aug 9, 2008
Ormstown.Chat.Valley
Harper will get re-elected.. the other 2 choices will split the Liberal vote.. :)

Also Canadians like stability, Harper has a track record the other 2 don't.
Yup, just like we were not heading for recession. (It is official now) Harper's track record is miserable, in nearly every field. We went to war, entered a recession and are going to end up paying for it through the pension plans. Don't worry though our politicians will be giving themselves a raise. Oh well you can always shoot your dinner right?

We are seen as pseudo Americans these days, so even Canadians can't get the usual gracious treatment through sporting the Canadian flag on their luggage these days. Oh and there is the Duffy trial which shows how honest the Harper government has been. Canadians really do like stability, and do not appreciate having all the emerging young nations seeing us as extension of the US. Terrorists for Pete's sake. No wonder, the war on Isis is like the one on Communism. Both sides loose.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yup, just like we were not heading for recession. (It is official now) Harper's track record is miserable, in nearly every field. We went to war, entered a recession and are going to end up paying for it through the pension plans
Nope. Still not official, war was by necessity and pensions are in stellar shape.

Got anymore misbeliefs you want crushed?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yup, just like we were not heading for recession. (It is official now) Harper's track record is miserable, in nearly every field. We went to war, entered a recession and are going to end up paying for it through the pension plans. Don't worry though our politicians will be giving themselves a raise. Oh well you can always shoot your dinner right?

You mean like Kathy Wynne's Ontario Pension Tax Grab err I mean Plan?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Cant see the big deal here. We should be used to the snoozmedia attaching their own contexts to what politicians say in public by now.
You can't really think Harpy would mishandle a couple bucks. He has a Master's in economics and worked on computers at Imperial Oil in Calgary. Yet did any of those dipstick snoozreporters consider he might hhave been making a joke? Or mentalfloss either, for that matter?
Gawddam political stuff makes some people extra thick.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Cant see the big deal here. We should be used to the snoozmedia attaching their own contexts to what politicians say in public by now.
You can't really think Harpy would mishandle a couple bucks. He has a Master's in economics and worked on computers at Imperial Oil in Calgary. Yet did any of those dipstick snoozreporters consider he might hhave been making a joke? Or mentalfloss either, for that matter?
Gawddam political stuff makes some people extra thick.

Or maybe you could just enjoy the laugh instead of being a such a sour curmudgeon.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Don't worry, soon we'll all be working at the cash.

Or maybe you could just enjoy the laugh instead of being a such a sour curmudgeon.
?
I was laughing, but not at the snoozmedia's crap you posted. That didn't even warrant a yawn. I was laughing at Harpy's joke.