British Columbians say Justin Trudeau won the debate, but they’re still voting NDP

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
good gawd :lol:

Justin Trudeau may have won the evening, but British Columbians who tuned in to Thursday night’s national leaders debate still feel NDP leader Thomas Mulcair would make the better prime minister, a new poll has found.

Thirty-four per cent of British Columbians who watched the debate chose Mulcair on the better prime minister question, the Mainstreet Research poll found. It was conducted for Postmedia News after the Maclean’s magazine debate.

more on what's wrong with people out there

British Columbians say Justin Trudeau won the debate, but they’re still voting NDP

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
...and you don't have to think like Locutus to be smart. The clear winner of the debate was Elizabeth May. The other three clowns came off as prepubescent boys beating each other over the heads with their Tonka toys in a sandbox.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
...and you don't have to think like Locutus to be smart. The clear winner of the debate was Elizabeth May. The other three clowns came off as prepubescent boys beating each other over the heads with their Tonka toys in a sandbox.

Ya, that's what we need. May as PM. She can show up to question period drunk.

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't think the debate had a winner. Each candidate would have different criteria for winning. Maybe people think Trudeau won because he seemed calm, rehearsed (though not rehearsed enough), and engaged in the least amount of angry bickering. Personally, I like the parliamentary style of debates. I want to see the candidates throw some real punches.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

I think May was the winner too.

Would have been better if she was drunk though.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005

Elizabeth May's stock did climb because of her performance in the debate and so did Trudeau's. Harper and Mulcair lost ground and probably won't show at another debate.i Too bad, because with a decent moderator it could have been a great debate that clearly showed each leader's position.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Remember the polls said that the provincial NDP would win - and Christie Clark got a majority.
I really think she pulled a Dubbya Bush on that election. She is a female version of Harpo. I gotta feelin' Harpo is going to do the same to stay in power. Not that it really matters. They are all douche bag corporate lackeys. Even Mulcair supports the war machine.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Be interesting to find out who they polled. No one I know got asked and it is unlikely a majority of BCers will suddenly vote dipper.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Remember the polls said that the provincial NDP would win - and Christie Clark got a majority.

Remember the polls predicted an NDP majority in Alberta and that's exactly what happened.

They also revealed a last minute Liberal surge in Ontario and that one also delivered.

Oh, and the last federal election?

Yea, they showed the momentum of the Orange crush before that one.