The arrogance of Justin Trudeau’s Liberals

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The centre-left’s divine right:

Peter C. Newman on how the Liberals’ current leadership is just the latest to believe it is owed power

The Liberal party’s operational code has always been in simplicity itself: to govern Canada by striking the most marketable balance between elitism and egalitarianism. They labelled it the New Liberalism, and pretended that anybody called Trudeau could win.
Not bloody likely, it turns out.

In his jolting run for Grit Heaven, the Trudeau named Justin has been campaigning and getting into hot water by promising as little as possible but as much as necessary. Young Justin’s evolving platform treats voters as commodities to be harvested—like having the concession for blow-up balloons at a county fair.

His tendency to swing between political immaturity and ideological laissez-faire hasn’t caught on, because it’s based solely on his current situation of waiting impatiently to take his turn in power—without earning it. That only worked in a two-party system, never with three. In 2011, the Grits were pushed, for the first time ever, into political purgatory, where the also-runners shudder and hide, pretending that a recount might be in the cards. The youthful Trudeau has had to fall back on his inherited tendency to see himself as a natural heir of the haughty attitudes that once characterized the divine right of kings, especially Mackenzie Kings.

His campaign has been a backward march. Liberals still harbour the petulant assumption that they alone know what’s good for Canadians, and that it’s just plain dumb to vote for any other party—except as occasional comic relief. It’s comic relief, all right, but at the expense of what used to be called the Government Party.

more

The centre-left's divine right: The arrogance of Justin Trudeau's Liberals

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
That's how I remember the Liberal party back when they ruled. The whole point of the Liberal Party was to get the Liberal Party elected and there was little else to them. Chretien was the penultimate "do nothing" Prime Minister.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Mr. Chretien,as I think or thought was one of my most favorite Prime Minister,so much so when he had taken ill,(heart?), I sent him a "get well" card.
Mr. Chretien was considerate enough to write back to me,I think he is fabulous.

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
people have to go somewhere when they are in trouble,and Brazil sounds like a perfect place to go.
thank you Mr, Chretien?
does anyone want to know what he wrote to me about?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Trudeau doesn't have a chance since signing on to Bill C-51.......

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Eve Adams crashes, grassroots repudiate Trudeau choice: Tim Harper

In this summer of melting Liberal fortunes, this Sunday afternoon in a steamy high school auditorium was supposed to be all about Eve, Dimitri and Justin.

Instead it turned out to be all about prominent Toronto lawyer Marco Mendicino and an Eglinton-Lawrence Liberal repudiation of interloper Eve Adams, her fiancé and one-time

Conservative heavyweight Dimitri Soudas, and Justin Trudeau, the Liberal leader who brought the duo and their steamer-size luggage aboard the listing Liberal ship.

The winner was supposed to be the drama queen with the temper, the woman who had run afoul of Conservative brass for the bare-knuckles style — known generically as bullying — that she and Soudas employed in a previous Conservative nomination battle so tainted that she left before both contestants were tossed from the ring.

Soudas, the one-time Conservative power broker and loyal spokesperson for Harper had lost his job. Adams had abandoned a nomination bid and lost the support of her party. And then Trudeau found the pair while rooting around in Harper’s blue bin.

Now the one-time, would-be power couple have been cast aside by two parties and the Liberal leader has taken another political hit at the worst possible time.

Adams lost her first political race of any kind, Soudas was left to shrug when asked what went wrong and Trudeau’s judgment can be questioned anew.

We snickered when he trotted out Adams last February as some major catch for the Liberals. Check that. We guffawed.

But Adams was supposed to be the woman to take on Finance Minister Joe Oliver in the riding in October, ready to brawl with the man whose praises she once sang loudly and proudly.

This was to be a victory for defectors everywhere, any man or woman whose principles run so deeply they are prepared to run across the street to work for the competition they once vilified.

It was supposed to be a victory for the long reach of a central party apparatus spreading its tentacles deep into the grassroots of a riding.

Instead the grassroots recoiled and the man who had spent a year campaigning for this nomination actually won it.

...more...

http://m.thestar.com/#/article/news...oots-repudiate-trudeau-choice-tim-harper.html

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
people have to go somewhere when they are in trouble,and Brazil sounds like a perfect place to go.
thank you Mr, Chretien?
does anyone want to know what he wrote to me about?
The guy was such a fake that he had his appendix out when he was young just to get out of school....
A fellow student in the boarding had an infected appendix and Chretien seized this opportunity. He asked this student what were the synthoms, the questions the doctors asked, and where to say it hurt. So petite Jean faked an appendix attack. He acted out the synthoms so good that doctors chose to take out his appendix even though the blood tests showed nothing was wrong. Jean no it was too late too back out and even he did he would have to admit that he was wrong. His appendix was removed. After the surgery the doctors realized the appendix was perfectly healthy and they had been duped.

canadianwild.ca Jean Chretien

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
The guy was such a fake that he had his appendix out when he was young just to get out of school....

canadianwild.ca Jean Chretien
[/I]

And you WEREN'T a brat when you were a kid?

Mr. Chretien,as I think or thought was one of my most favorite Prime Minister,so much so when he had taken ill,(heart?), I sent him a "get well" card.

Chretien was an excellent politician BEFORE he became P.M. At that point he surpassed his level of competence.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
That's how I remember the Liberal party back when they ruled. The whole point of the Liberal Party was to get the Liberal Party elected and there was little else to them. Chretien was the penultimate "do nothing" Prime Minister.

What horse ****! Jean Chrétien served for three full terms in majority governments.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

Your opinion. Not shared by anyone with above room temperature IQ. Cretin is a lying thief interested only in sending tax money to Quebec.

Trudeau doesn't have a chance since signing on to Bill C-51.......

To date that is the only smart thing he has done. I wonder how his handlers let that slip?

What horse ****! Jean Chrétien served for three full terms in majority governments.

Proves how crooked the bast ard is.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think the most accurate political commercials is airing on the Idiot box right now. It ends with- "Justin he's just not ready"

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Your opinion. Not shared by anyone with above room temperature IQ. Cretin is a lying thief interested only in sending tax money to Quebec.

To date that is the only smart thing he has done. I wonder how his handlers let that slip?

Proves how crooked the bast ard is.
are you taking your omegas for your cold heart and to prevent having a stroke?if not I reccomend taking them,buy the best you can afford.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Yup. There were a whole lot of knee-jerk idiots back then who voted Liberal because they vote Liberal. That era appears to be over and they will likely finish third, again.