Mulcair Is Putting Canada At Risk By Pandering to Separatists

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A few weeks ago I attended Canada Day festivities in Mississauga and celebrated as so many do with family and friends. Looking around at the flag-waving crowd drawn from every background, I felt full of pride and remarked to my wife just how lucky we are to live in this place and time.

Yet, there are those who would allow Canada to be torn apart; to take the success of our great national experiment and put it at risk. These people believe that all you need to split up this great country is fifty per cent support of a weak turnout, to a confusing question, in just one province and "abracadabra" you can declare independence and leave the rest of Canada wondering what happened. Even more shocking is that this sentiment is endorsed by a national political party.

I'm speaking of course of the NDP.

Most would assume that such an irresponsible position would be the work of the separatist Bloc Quebecois, but the NDP remains the only "federalist" party in defiance of the law of the land. Both Parliament, through the Clarity Act, and the Supreme Court of Canada have declared that separation of any province can only occur after the vote of a clear majority on a clear question. Our House of Commons and our Courts have clearly and wisely stated that you've got to ensure the people are pretty sure about such a big decision.

Yet despite waning separatist sentiment (Quebeckers are more worried about the economy at the moment) Tom Mulcair is giving speeches in Quebec, as recently as a few weeks ago, telling crowds (in French only, of course) that an NDP government would repeal the Clarity Act and make it easier for separatists to break-up our country.

Why would he do such a thing? Why would Mulcair put Canada itself at risk?

(maybe because he's a citizen of france....anyway...)

more

Mulcair Is Putting Canada At Risk By Pandering to SeparatistsÂ*|Â*Hon. Navdeep Bains

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Yup, Cons are pulling out all the stops to try to salvage what's left of their power. Their mud slingers are gearing up far an all out assault on the opposition. I doubt their is enough mud in Canada to cover up their own short comings.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,