Conservative MP compares Stephen Harper government to Jesus

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Conservative MP compares Stephen Harper government to Jesus, inspiring hilarious #CPCJesus tweets

Is it time we started referring to Prime Minister Stephen Harper as "Our Lord and Saviour"?
Wai Young, the Conservative MP for Vancouver South, apparently told the congregation at Harvest City Church that the Harper government's pushing through of controversial antiterrorism bill C-51 resembles the work of Jesus Christ, who Christians believe was the son of God.

Conservative MP compares Stephen Harper government to Jesus, inspiring hilarious #CPCJesus tweets | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
True,

MP is still a representative of the people and she should know not all people are Christians and not all people are even religious nor theistic.

Well, to be fair, she is representing people from Vancouver so her voting base is largely crackpots too.

I would think that those who are not Christian would be less offended.

MellencampFan

Nominee Member
Jul 13, 2015
Niagara Peninsula
Well, to be fair, she is representing people from Vancouver so her voting base is largely crackpots too.

I would think that those who are not Christian would be less offended.

You're a Torontonian dude, a lot of right-wingers are going to call you a crack-pot too. lol. I'm not saying you are but I've seen righties bash Toronto big time.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
You're a Torontonian dude, a lot of right-wingers are going to call you a crack-pot too. lol. I'm not saying you are but I've seen righties bash Toronto big time.

I am currently living in Toronto. But I am not a Toronto-dude.

That being said, a lot of the people who live in Toronto need some good bashing.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
If he is Jesus we have a chance to crucify him at the polls.
How stupid can a member become wait I should not ask.
Remember the burning crosses on lawns in Prince George?
That was said by a Liberal MP