Anti-oil campaign funding murky

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
David AkinVerified account ‏@davidakin

Anti-oil sands campaigners are pulling the wool over your eyes says @FairQuestions http://pllqt.it/blwwy4

Invisible: U.S. foundations and Tides pour money into ‘earned media,’ protests and legal actions

story

Opinion: Anti-oil campaign funding murky

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Why would one say it is murky Organizations are allowed to get funding and as
long as its not terrorists or the mob what is the difference? I won't give them a
dime but that does not mean others can't.
There is not stipulation that states where the money comes from therefore murky
is not an appropriate description

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
long as its not terrorists or the mob what is the difference? I won't give them a

OK How about deceitful? There are a few foreign billionaires that are funding groups that are trying to destroy our economy. This funding needs to be made very public so the dupes will know they have been duped.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

They are a mob. They serve no purpose other than manipulation of moonbats for political and financial gain.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
If any info ever came forward that detailed how Tides, greenpeace, etc were acting as a surrogate-lobby on behalf of those foreign interest groups; it would take no time at all to pull their status as a charity and the taxman would be all over them like stink on a dog.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
No one here is pro pollution, we're realists that understand how things work and enjoy our standard of living.

The activist that already leach off the systems, won't experience the economic crunch those of us that actually work for a living will feel. If their idiocy ever came to fruition.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007

murk·y
ˈmərkē/
adjective

not fully explained or understood, especially with concealed dishonesty or immorality.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
There is always money in reclamation, you just need to use newer and more efficient methods. The tailings left in the Yukon are a disaster but using newer methods they can still recover enough gold from them to make it a profitable business and the land behind is left in a useful state.
It is hard to suggest a cleaning process before you know how big of a mess is left behind, and there always is as that would cut into profits.