Ezra Levant apologizes to human rights lawyer Richard Warman

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
All of Loc's best buds.

Ezra Levant apologizes to human rights lawyer Richard Warman | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly
Georgia Straight, Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Lawyer, broadcaster, energy-industry lover, and right-wing polemicist Ezra Levant is not known for grovelling to progressives.

So visitors to his website might be taken aback by an apology he's issued to human-rights lawyer Richard Warman for statements made in 2008.

"In particular, in one of my website posts, I alleged that Mr. Richard Warman had posted a bigoted attack on the Internet against Senator Anne Cools," Levant stated. "I have no evidence that this is true and I retract it and apologize to Mr. Warman for it without reservation."

It arose out of a libel actions filed by Warman against Levant, Michael Coren, Quebecor Media Inc., Sun Media Corporation, Sun TV News, Catherine McMillan, and Kathy Shaidle.

McMillan, who blogs on the Small Dead Animals on the Road website, also apologized, as did Shaidle, who writes on the Five Feet of Fury website.

"The only remaining defendants in the ‘Anne Cools’ libel action are Mark and Connie Fournier," Warman stated. "I have instructed my lawyer to make a without prejudice offer to settle for $1 and $2,500 in costs each which I will then donate to the trust fund that has been established for the family of Daniel Woodall of the Edmonton Police Service."

https://www.straight.com/news/470091/ezra-levant-apologizes-human-rights-lawyer-richard-warman

Corduroy

Senate Member
Feb 9, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ezra Levant is constantly being sued for libel or defamation. From what I can tell, he's lost or settled and apologized in every single case. Maybe I'm missing a few cases where we actually won. It's hard to tell because there are so many cases. The man is a liar. That's basically his job.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Yabut he's got enough money to settle his cases.

It's the American Dream.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
All of Loc's best buds.

Ezra Levant apologizes to human rights lawyer Richard Warman | Georgia Straight Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly
Georgia Straight, Vancouver's News & Entertainment Weekly

Lawyer, broadcaster, energy-industry lover, and right-wing polemicist Ezra Levant is not known for grovelling to progressives.

So visitors to his website might be taken aback by an apology he's issued to human-rights lawyer Richard Warman for statements made in 2008.

"In particular, in one of my website posts, I alleged that Mr. Richard Warman had posted a bigoted attack on the Internet against Senator Anne Cools," Levant stated. "I have no evidence that this is true and I retract it and apologize to Mr. Warman for it without reservation."

It arose out of a libel actions filed by Warman against Levant, Michael Coren, Quebecor Media Inc., Sun Media Corporation, Sun TV News, Catherine McMillan, and Kathy Shaidle.

McMillan, who blogs on the Small Dead Animals on the Road website, also apologized, as did Shaidle, who writes on the Five Feet of Fury website.

"The only remaining defendants in the ‘Anne Cools’ libel action are Mark and Connie Fournier," Warman stated. "I have instructed my lawyer to make a without prejudice offer to settle for $1 and $2,500 in costs each which I will then donate to the trust fund that has been established for the family of Daniel Woodall of the Edmonton Police Service."

https://www.straight.com/news/470091/ezra-levant-apologizes-human-rights-lawyer-richard-warman

Support Free Dominion Against Richard Warman and Government CensorsÂ*|Â*Graham Templeton

You need to check out Richard Warman.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/richard-warmans-hate-speech-quagmire

Ezra Levant over Richard Warman any day.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Ezra Levant is constantly being sued for libel or defamation. From what I can tell, he's lost or settled and apologized in every single case. Maybe I'm missing a few cases where we actually won. It's hard to tell because there are so many cases. The man is a liar. That's basically his job.
Got links for your accusations?

Warman makes his living suing people thru the Human Rights Tribunals.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Who's this Communist Nazi Jew Ratard Richard Warman anyhow.. ooops he might sue me... shiver me timbers.

Never heard of him until today..

RICHARDWARMAN.CA – The Official Website of Richard Warman

"In 1999-2000, Warman had worked with various Jewish and anti-racism groups to notify public venues in Canada of discriminatory elements within Icke’s mishmash of conspiracy theories."

Interesting. :smile:

Last edited:

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I wonder why you guys hate him so much.

“There was a brief period in 2004-2005 where I created pseudonyms on a couple of neo-Nazi forums in order to try and gather further information that would help to identify the individuals that I felt were violating [Section 13, the hate speech section of the Canadian Human Rights Act],” he said in an interview this week. “I tried to be very careful.”

Richard Warman's hate speech quagmire

Ah it makes so much sense now lol

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Sounds like this seek-offence Dick guy triggers way too easily.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Freedom of Speech is a right, regardless of who it offends or not.

At the same time it opens debate against the Racists, Homophobes, Religious zealots.

I personally think Islam is a backward religion, a religion that kills homosexuals, stones women and that is equal is nazisim.

Could care less if you agree... but you have the right to prove me wrong and debate me..

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire

Richard Warman just abuses the system and cost Canadian Taxpayers money, a leach..

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
It's more that his 'legion' of followers wish he was relevant. You'd probably find twitch streamers getting more hits though.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Yabut he's got enough money to settle his cases.

It's the American Dream.

No he doesn't, and if he does, why is he constantly whining to his readers and listeners asking for money to help him fight all these horrible people that keep suing him for no reason.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Dude.

He broadcast's from her basement.

Soon he'll get Evan Solomon as his co-host and they'll have a Wayne and Garth show.