David Suzuki, father of five, condemns "overpopulation" again

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Celebrity activist David Suzuki told a Prince Rupert audience last night that "an increase in the human population" was one of the factors impacting "climate change."

Suzuki is the father of five children, as well as a grandfather of five.

The Northern View reports:
In addition to an increase in the human population, beyond what Suzuki said the biosphere could sustain, the former host of The Nature of Things said the threat of climate change is being driven by a focus on the economy. Given that human will die without air or water and will fall ill if the air or water they take in is polluted, Suzuki said that focus is misguided.
As The Rebel reported this week, Suzuki is currently on a west coast speaking tour.

At an earlier stop, Suzuki compared Prime Minister Harper to a negligent CEO who "could be jailed":

David Suzuki, father of five, condemns "overpopulation" again - The Rebel

fruit fly policy

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
He is probably talking to the people who are already down to one meal a day. What is that, 2/3 of the world?

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
Celebrity activist David Suzuki told a Prince Rupert audience last night that "an increase in the human population" was one of the factors impacting "climate change."

In addition to an increase in the human population, beyond what Suzuki said the biosphere could sustain, the former host of The Nature of Things said the threat of climate change is being driven by a focus on the economy. Given that human will die without air or water and will fall ill if the air or water they take in is polluted, Suzuki said that focus is misguided.
As The Rebel reported this week, Suzuki is currently on a west coast speaking tour.

At an earlier stop, Suzuki compared Prime Minister Harper to a negligent CEO who "could be jailed":

fruit fly policy

I'm not normally an Ezra fan, but I have to admit that he is bang on with this one.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Does this mean all the work agroscience has put into increasing the tons of food producered per acre is for not?

Is he unaware that we already have the capability to reduces man's footprint from 2 acres a person to 4 persons per acre?

We have the hyribs and mechanical tech to feed several billion more on the land we already have.

Wake the f-ck up!!!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

fruit fly policy

Five kids was NOT a big family when David Suzuki began planting his wild oats. As a contemporary of David families of 7, 8, 9 and 10 kids were not that far from the norm. The author need to study a little history. My wife is one of 9 siblings.

Does this mean all the work agroscience has put into increasing the tons of food producered per acre is for not?

Is he unaware that we already have the capability to reduces man's footprint from 2 acres a person to 4 persons per acre?

We have the hyribs and mechanical tech to feed several billion more on the land we already have.

Wake the f-ck up!!!

How is going from 2 to 4 a reduction? Is this new math that f**ked up?

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
Of course autheticated environmentalists should multiply, so that they can populate the eco enclaves that can retain a small semblance of properly indoctrinated humankind, living in 'balance' and 'sustainability' with a pristine Mother Earth. Perhaps 5% of the earth's current population would be sufficient.

For the rest mass sterilization i would think would solve the problem. And would produce over one generation a Utopia with nothing but little Suzukis running around on mountain bikes and consuming organic vegetables and nothing else.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
the forum has hit bottom when the only person participants can pick on is David,there is so many others to make fun of,oh my what times we have fallen upon.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
the forum has hit bottom when the only person participants can pick on is David,there is so many others to make fun of,oh my what times we have fallen upon.

Yeah, I agree, it's Paul Watson's turn for awhile. I guess with him it's a case of no sense no feeling! :)