Alberta has an opportunity at a new brand.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
please don't think for a minute that i do not know who contributes to economic security in this wonderful province of Alberta,I am naive but not that naive,but what i am really excited about is the opportunity for Alberta to change its brand.I strongly believe taking opportunity at this time to take new direction and opportunity for Alberta's international brand, can be a win,win and win situation,of course this is if the path of prosperity is properly navigated
I have moments where i believe Albertans have been tricked,they are fleeting thoughts of believing the Conservative party planned this upset,then again,this would be impossible, or would it.
Alberta deserves a new brand.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
I think the NDP might in fact do rather well I am watching because depending on
what Ms Notley does provincially will determine whether or not I will support the
party federally. Yes I might I will likely make up my mind about the time the
summer breakfast series start across the country. I won't vote Tory and with
Trudeau supporting C-51 an affront to democracy I can't really vote for him either
Alberta has a chance to make some serious change for the better

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I think the NDP might in fact do rather well I am watching because depending on
what Ms Notley does provincially will determine whether or not I will support the
party federally. Yes I might I will likely make up my mind about the time the
summer breakfast series start across the country. I won't vote Tory and with
Trudeau supporting C-51 an affront to democracy I can't really vote for him either
Alberta has a chance to make some serious change for the better

You're kidding, right? You are going to equate an Alberta NDP party and Government with the federal NDP? The federal NDP? The NDP party that is lead by a quebecois with split allegiances that "obviously" is not willing to give 100% to Canada. That NDP?

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Urbanization has become a major factor in politics. Not the only factor but it can be a game changer. Urbanites are generally people who see change on a daily basis. They barely know their neighbours. Relationships are transient. Buildings are built and torn down around them regularly. Problems come and go as a way of life. One day they have an easy transit plan. Next day the transit lines change and it's time to scramble for a new plan. Nothing in urbania stays the same for too long. Yet urbanites see parties promoting policies of the 18th and 19th centuries. Grand old parties with platforms based on strict ideological principles of days gone by have to wake up. Mr and Mrs Cleaver are no longer the electorate. Parties that are completely stuck in the past and give no credence to the issues of the 21st century will be irrelevant and become nothing more that blog and social network noise.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
What 'brand' do you have in mind?

Out of curiosity, 'who' is prepared to transfer 100s of millions via investment into a 'brand'?
we have already millions invested,trillions to be exact! At present the Alberta brand stinks to the rest of the world,we now,us Albertans, have opportunity to be progressive with policies which have been stagnated as a result of poor leadership.I know little about business,but i know Alberta brand stinks,what can I say,but things could not remain as they were.I know who controls the money,markets,etc in Alberta,I hope these gracious fatcats take this opportunity to take a vison role for the future and new direction for Albertans.I also do know the Conservative party sold alot of Alberta natural resources to international investors, I know Saskatchewan was wise enough to hold onto their natural resources,i hear lots about manufactoring raw products,but never see it.What is a voter to do.If anything I hope that investors are grandparents too.
I know little about business.
I hear there is alot of shredding going on.

I think we will be eating Orange Brand Muffins for the next four years.
Say yes to "cheezies"

You're kidding, right? You are going to equate an Alberta NDP party and Government with the federal NDP? The federal NDP? The NDP party that is lead by a quebecois with split allegiances that "obviously" is not willing to give 100% to Canada. That NDP?
Why does it always have to be about political parties?Why does the betterment of Alberta have to do with Conservatives?,NDP?Liberal?For once Alberta election was about decison making on Alberta,not a poltical party,NDP just happened to be the party.
The money is controlled by oil and gas and only oil and gas,not some poltical party.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
At present the Alberta brand stinks to the rest of the world,we now,us Albertans, have opportunity to be progressive with policies which have been stagnated as a result of poor leadership.

Are you even from Alberta? You don't sound like any Albertan I have ever known. Who cares about the rest of world, its not about them, its about us. Its about our prosperity, our future and our children. Its not about the rest of Canada or the world. I don't give a rat's @$$ if the rest of the world thinks we're progressive, regressive, genius or idiots. The world will buy our natural resources and other products if they need them (which they do) and it won't have much to do with the fuzziness of our policy. FFS they still buy oil from the Middle East and some of the most repressive regimes in world history!

I agree the PCs have worried too much about producing them and not refining them, but where do people want the additional refineries and processing facilities? We run into the NIMBYs. I agree the PCs have mismanaged some things, and that needs to be addressed but the NDP needs to remember where and what the "golden goose" of our economy is. And as for what you "hear", remember the old saying "believe nothing you read, nothing you hear and only half of what you see"...

Why does it always have to be about political parties?Why does the betterment of Alberta have to do with Conservatives?,NDP?Liberal?For once Alberta election was about decison making on Alberta,not a poltical party,NDP just happened to be the party.The money is controlled by oil and gas and only oil and gas,not some poltical party.

I wish we could do away with parties but that is the system we are stuck with. As for the rest the above, its rubbish. Every election is about decision making and that centers on which party people feel is best suited to meet their needs. The money is not only controlled by oil & gas: it is also controlled by other interest groups and lobbyists. Some are larger, some are not.

A house cleaning was due, but at the same time, I am very uncomfortable with the way the keys to everything were handed from one band of thieves to the next: Iwould far rather have seen a minority, which would be forced to be more transparent.