Khadr to Harper: Sorry to disappoint you

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

How much money will Omar pocket from the sale of a book? 15 cents? a dollar?

rumour has it,he will be giving the money to charity.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by personal touchView Post

Does Omar currently have a job? If he has to rely on books sales to live he may have a couple of nickels for charity.

this is your best defense,"he pleaded guilty",you are correct,many wrognfully convicted individuals pleaded guilty,this action and defense is weak,
you should be interested in what techniques were present for this guilty plea to come forward,hours of manipulation is what you will find.
you will have to read to book for these facts.

After a few months/years of water boarding I might plead guilty too! None of us who weren't at Guatonimo don't really have a clue what went on! The documentary could well have been fairly credible. Anyway time to move on...............there's bigger fish to fry. ISIS!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

So, tell me, he's been out for how long? What "threats" has he posed?

Oh that's right. He didn't announce any intentions or just jump right into it as soon as he was released. What was I thinking?

If he's such a non-threat, why the curfew and tracking bracelet? Or did you expect him to go straight out and buy some firearms and ingredients for ANFO with no coin while wearing a tracking bracelet?

I'm not saying he's going to do anything nefarious, but they usually don't strap a tracking device on you just for sh*ts and giggles.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by JinentonixView Post

Oh that's right. He didn't announce any intentions or just jump right into it as soon as he was released. What was I thinking?

If he's such a non-threat, why the curfew and tracking bracelet? Or did you expect him to go straight out and buy some firearms and ingredients for ANFO with no coin while wearing a tracking bracelet?

I'm not saying he's going to do anything nefarious, but they usually don't strap a tracking device on you just for sh*ts and giggles.

I think it's called a precaution, Just like if the Pope wants to take out a bank loan he still has to put up collateral!

DaSleeper
+2
The omar khadr defense league is strong today

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+2

wrongfully convicted,improperly incarcirated,whatever,you want to call it,he experienced a very bad process of administration of international and national law.i hope you are open to the facts.

Wrongfully convicted?

Exactly who are you to make that call?

As for the incarceration thingy, by rights, he should have been locked-up in an Afghan jail (tried in an Afghan Court as well).... The Omar apologists should thank their lucky stars that he went to Gitmo instead of the Afghan system

this is your best defense,"he pleaded guilty",you are correct,many wrognfully convicted individuals pleaded guilty

... Even more 'properly convicted' individuals have pleaded guilty, so, how does this fact alter your views?

you should be interested in what techniques were present for this guilty plea to come forward,hours of manipulation is what you will find.

Planting IEDs is also a technique... Wonder if Khadr will be describing this wee element in his book, or maybe there will be a section on Bundt Cake recipes

I get it now... When Khadr says something, it qualifies as fact... When an opposing position is forwarded, it is solely supposition and allegations.

gotcha

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2

this is your best defense,"he pleaded guilty",you are correct,many wrognfully convicted individuals pleaded guilty,this action and defense is weak,

Don't know, don't care. Seems pretty cut and dry that he was there and likely killed the American soldiers or was involved in their deaths. He has been found guilty.

How much money will Omar pocket from the sale of a book? 15 cents? a dollar?

He is being sued by the families of the soldiers he murdered. They would get first crack at the money unless he pulls an OJ Simpson. And I am sure the charity will not have terrorist connections.

Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

The omar khadr defense league is strong today

Must have been a good batch of kool aid.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Planting IEDs is also a technique... Wonder if Khadr will be describing this wee element in his book, or maybe there will be a section on Bundt Cake recipes

So it's been established 100% beyond any doubt that he was planting I.E.D.s ??

"Seems pretty cut and dry that he was there and likely killed the American soldiers or was involved in their deaths."

In what courts in democratic countries is "likely killed" strong enough to get a conviction?

IdRatherBeSkiing

"Seems pretty cut and dry that he was there and likely killed the American soldiers or was involved in their deaths."

In what courts in democratic countries is "likely killed" strong enough to get a conviction?

When they plead guilty.

But you go ahead and believe he was over there baking cookies if you want.

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Building them too

... Or, do you simply believe that these are nothing more than delicious bundt cakes?

Let's review then, shall we?

Picts like the one above; eye-witness testimony from multiple individuals including US military and an admission from Khadr himself.

Yep, you're right, it's a pretty foggy picture, shrouded in all kinds of supposition

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

When they plead guilty.

But you go ahead and believe he was over there baking cookies if you want.

What anyone believes is beside the point!

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois

Seeing how gravity still remains as a theroy, I suppose that it simply just doesn't exist, right?

IdRatherBeSkiing
+2

Facts are he pleaded guilty to the deaths. He is a convict and deserves to be treated as such. Everything else is wishful thinking and distorted beliefs by the kool aid gang. Of course you are the kool aid gang's grand pooh bah.

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Wrongfully convicted?

Exactly who are you to make that call?

As for the incarceration thingy, by rights, he should have been locked-up in an Afghan jail (tried in an Afghan Court as well).... The Omar apologists should thank their lucky stars that he went to Gitmo instead of the Afghan system

... Even more 'properly convicted' individuals have pleaded guilty, so, how does this fact alter your views?

I get it now... When Khadr says something, it qualifies as fact... When an opposing position is forwarded, it is solely supposition and allegations.

gotcha

are you sure you are not Gerryh?you sound like it,..full of doubt,pessimism,oldness,beligerance,and sympathetic to a mismanged Canadian administration of law system,and of course intolerant to others opinion,yes you are the "gotcha"type,no doubt about it,and so is gerryh,birds of feather flock together.
yu "got me",i don't mind providing you esteem loftiness and joy
you are welcome,no need to thank me any further.

DaSleeper
Booo Hooo

personal touch
Bloc Québécois
this is good the families are suing,
this opens a benificial information process,
information auditors will love this process of law,
in the end the Canadian governement will be sued,
sounds like a great plan.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

Facts are he pleaded guilty to the deaths. He is a convict and deserves to be treated as such. Everything else is wishful thinking and distorted beliefs by the kool aid gang. Of course you are the kool aid gang's grand pooh bah.

I believe he was for 11 years! How many more would you care for?

captain morgan
Bloc Québécois
+1

are you sure you are not Gerryh?you sound like it,..full of doubt,pessimism,oldness,beligerance,and sympathetic to a mismanged Canadian administration of law system,and of course intolerant to others opinion,yes you are the "gotcha"type,no doubt about it,and so is gerryh,birds of feather flock together.
yu "got me",i don't mind providing you esteem loftiness and joy
you are welcome,no need to thank me any further.

Everything I stated in my earlier post is a fair assessment and also realistic.

If you elect to romanticize the situation, that's your decision, but don't get your knickers all in a twist when someone else disagrees

tay
Omar Khadr's official criminal record in Canada contains oddities and errors that are at odds with how the federal government viewed him on his return from the notorious prison on the U.S. naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

The record, obtained by The Canadian Press, makes no reference to the fact that Khadr, 30, was convicted by an internationally condemned U.S. military commission for purported offences he committed as a 15-year-old in Afghanistan.

Instead, the document states only that he was convicted at "Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (Youth Court)." It makes no reference anywhere to the United States or the commission.

While it's not clear when the record was first created, Khadr's Canadian lawyers call it bizarre. For one thing, they note there's no such thing as a Guantanamo Bay youth court.

However, despite the document, the Canadian government argued strenuously for years against treating Khadr as a young offender — placing him, for example, in a series of maximum security adult prisons on his return to Canada in September 2012.

Additionally, the lawyers say, the record appears to formalize the fact that Khadr was convicted as a youth for alleged crimes that occurred in a war zone, which would make him a child soldier — a label the government has also always avoided.

Dennis Edney, one of Khadr's lawyers, who was initially unaware of the document, expressed profound surprise at its contents.
"There's not such a being as a criminal youth court in Guantanamo," Edney said from Edmonton. "Why would you do that? Internationally, the place was condemned because it didn't distinguish between Omar being a child and Omar being an adult."

The Americans captured the horrifically wounded Khadr in the rubble of a bombed out compound in Afghanistan in July 2002 following a fierce firefight that left an American special forces soldier dead and another partly blinded.

Edney said it's important people understand the context of the convictions — something sorely lacking in the official record.

"It shows absolute ignorance. It misstates itself in a very fundamental way," Edney said. "It shows no understanding of what Guantanamo is (and) demands an explanation as to why it is so described."

The RCMP document also erroneously states that Khadr was sentenced to five concurrent eight-year terms for each of his five charges, In fact, Canadian courts have ruled Khadr was handed a single eight-year sentence on all counts.

Co-counsel Nate Whitling, who also had not seen the document, called it unsurprising Khadr has a record in Canada given his transfer here to serve out his sentence. But Whitling still called it "weird." He noted there's no such thing as a concurrent sentence at Guantanamo Bay, and suggested Canadian authorities had "tried to fit a square peg into a round hole."

Omar Khadr (external - login to view)

DaSleeper
+2
The question is what kind of deal did Obama give Canadian government to accept a murderer?

It couldn't be as good as the deal as he made with Iran.....

Made the snowflakes happy happy tho!

taxslave
No Party Affiliation
+1
Send him back to the US until they get the legal problems sorted out.