senator Duffy goes to court.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
This should be an interesting process,if anything as Canadians we should be able to have a birds eye view of the Judicial/administration of law and Justice and its relationship with the Conservative party,this is exciting.
I query what is on display with this ordeal,but for me,I am interested in the process of information collection.What order and how information is collected places credibility on the information itself,dates,times and process of information collection is very important.
sometimes information is collected with agendas to design the process's outcome.
I also interested in the question,how can you take a bribe,without a briber?
Information creates response,a seasoned information auditor can identify where this generating of response begins.
sometimes information is created, to erase creditable information,or to generate rationale and response.The Conservatives are Kings of information reorganization,where Mr.Duffy fell into the trap is interesting.Counting how many times Mr. Wrights presence in the scheme of things will be something to watch
Sometimes information is created to place spin on the truth,
politics use the courts in this spin,the senator duffy case will assist with observation of this spin,I feel like this case is a great gift.
How the Justice system handles this spin,Mr. Duffy's defense team is a team to watch,The court itself is something else to observe.
I have seen many good Justices *****d in the name of politics.
I think this case will effect how I want to be in the poltical world,this case will help me with greedy endeavors.
What did this cost Canadians?
I believe we are going to see something raise to the higher information status,why the Conservative party is so mean to Mr. Duffy is of interest to me,something is coming in the information process,"just discovered",I cannot wait. I am sure the media will be played like a fiddle.There seems to be bigger plans for the information process,how Mr. Duffys Legal defense handles this information is interesting.The guilt or not guilt of Mr.Duffy is besides the point.
How the defense handles the information collection process is going to be brilliant, or I hope so.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Gomery Inquiry destroyed the federal Liberals now the Duffy trial will do the same to the federal Conservatives. Lots of Conservative MPs are jumping ship and grabbing their gold plated pensions and more will leave as the trial goes on. We all have to remember federal PC Prime Minister Mulroney who jumped ship and left leader Kim Campbell who's party only won two seats. Our Prime Minister sees the writing on the wall and he will retire probably in May or June. Trudeau will be the new Prime Minister and the Conservative party will just be rebuilt.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
The Libs screwed the taxpayer for 100's of millions and never had any justice delivered on the matter.

Duffy's expenses were paid back in full
I am super curious captain, do you actually think this makes everything okay for you and for us as Canadians because regardless of what cons do you and a few others on here will defend them to the bitter end...so I am wondering do you just do that on here to provoke discussion or is that actually your political belief system and in the end the only party?

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Gomery Inquiry destroyed the federal Liberals now the Duffy trial will do the same to the federal Conservatives. Lots of Conservative MPs are jumping ship and grabbing their gold plated pensions and more will leave as the trial goes on. We all have to remember federal PC Prime Minister Mulroney who jumped ship and left leader Kim Campbell who's party only won two seats. Our Prime Minister sees the writing on the wall and he will retire probably in May or June. Trudeau will be the new Prime Minister and the Conservative party will just be rebuilt.
Posting your wet dreams again. Please clean your screen.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I am super curious captain, do you actually think this makes everything okay for you and for us as Canadians because regardless of what cons do you and a few others on here will defend them to the bitter end...so I am wondering do you just do that on here to provoke discussion or is that actually your political belief system and in the end the only party?

All of this has to be put in context Sal. Senators getting into hot water is nothing new. We can look at all the Parties be they MPs or appointed Senators, etc and you will find that individuals will pad their pockets regardless of political stripe.

My comments are directed at illustrating the overt partisanship that exists in this area (most recently, Cons, Libs and NDP).

The fact that national outlets like the CBC are so bias in their presentation of these facts is worrisome based on the reality that they are a taxpayer funded entity... It is not difficult to interpret their actions as being highly partisan and therefore highly unethical.

So, to address your 'suggestions' more directly, NO, I do not defend the actions of Duffy, et al, but I do recognize that this is dependent on context.

That said, let me ask you a question: In terms of the above comments I made about Adscam and Duffy, which do you believe is worse and should have (or should have had) strong focus on it?

• Duffy's wrongful expense claims that were paid back from the private sector (read: not taxpayer monies)
  • 100's of millions in hard currency of taxpayer money (read: a deliberately hiding the transactions), orchestrated by a sitting gvt.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
All of this has to be put in context Sal. Senators getting into hot water is nothing new. We can look at all the Parties be they MPs or appointed Senators, etc and you will find that individuals will pad their pockets regardless of political stripe.

My comments are directed at illustrating the overt partisanship that exists in this area (most recently, Cons, Libs and NDP).

The fact that national outlets like the CBC are so bias in their presentation of these facts is worrisome based on the reality that they are a taxpayer funded entity... It is not difficult to interpret their actions as being highly partisan and therefore highly unethical.

So, to address your 'suggestions' more directly, NO, I do not defend the actions of Duffy, et al, but I do recognize that this is dependent on context.

That said, let me ask you a question: In terms of the above comments I made about Adscam and Duffy, which do you believe is worse and should have (or should have had) strong focus on it?

• Duffy's wrongful expense claims that were paid back from the private sector (read: not taxpayer monies)
  • 100's of millions in hard currency of taxpayer money (read: a deliberately hiding the transactions), orchestrated by a sitting gvt.
first of all, thanks for the honest answer

I think Duffy should do time and he is just the tip of the iceberg because Duffy times every other thief should be held accountable for their choices...if I did that to my company it wouldn't just be a pay back and then everything is okey dokey

Adscam is despicable and angers me in ways I can not even express, they can be locked up right beside King Duffy...and Harper knew I don't care who says otherwise it's a perk of the job you get to snuffle at the trough in ways that are completely illegal...and he is as much to blame as every other person who has taken a dime that did not belong to them and used it for their own personal gratification

how these pr*cks sleep at night while there are kids with no food on the table is beyond me

there is no "worse" there are only degrees of theft and illegal acts which is merely reflective of the contempt the average Canadian is held in by our politicians...put one of their hats on and you are home free

it all needs to end and they all need to know, the game is over regardless of party

I don't even know who I would vote for if voting today because I am so mad at all of them...

well NDP not so much actually but Cons and Libs...yeah

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
I have a feeling this whole thing is going to be a big non-story. Every one is lining up like Duffy is going to blow the lid off of everything. It's gonna go off like a damp squid. Maybe some insinuations from Duffy's team trying to rope in the PM but even if that happens it'll be inconclusive. No one is gonna be crucified or vindicated. My prediction.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Posting your wet dreams again. Please clean your screen.
next time close your mouth

first of all, thanks for the honest answer

I think Duffy should do time and he is just the tip of the iceberg because Duffy times every other thief should be held accountable for their choices...if I did that to my company it wouldn't just be a pay back and then everything is okey dokey

Adscam is despicable and angers me in ways I can not even express, they can be locked up right beside King Duffy...and Harper knew I don't care who says otherwise it's a perk of the job you get to snuffle at the trough in ways that are completely illegal...and he is as much to blame as every other person who has taken a dime that did not belong to them and used it for their own personal gratification

how these pr*cks sleep at night while there are kids with no food on the table is beyond me

there is no "worse" there are only degrees of theft and illegal acts which is merely reflective of the contempt the average Canadian is held in by our politicians...put one of their hats on and you are home free

it all needs to end and they all need to know, the game is over regardless of party

I don't even know who I would vote for if voting today because I am so mad at all of them...

well NDP not so much actually but Cons and Libs...yeah

All the expenses were approved by the Conservative government and if anybody should be charged it should be the PMO

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
I have a feeling this whole thing is going to be a big non-story. Every one is lining up like Duffy is going to blow the lid off of everything. It's gonna go off like a damp squid. Maybe some insinuations from Duffy's team trying to rope in the PM but even if that happens it'll be inconclusive. No one is gonna be crucified or vindicated. My prediction.
yes nothing will happen, and they will all be scared for a bit but no big changes will occur

All the expenses were approved by the Conservative government and if anybody should be charged it should be the PMO
yep, they threw him under the bus, they had to and not much else will happen...I would love to know what Duffy thinks of this whole thing...

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
yes nothing will happen, and they will all be scared for a bit but no big changes will occur

yep, they threw him under the bus, they had to and not much else will happen...I would love to know what Duffy thinks of this whole thing...
Did Duffy quit the Senate or was he just suspended?

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
Did Duffy quit the Senate or was he just suspended?
I think both he and Wallin were suspended

"I'm not guilty, Your Honour," Duffy said in a strong clear voice, as he stood alongside his defence lawyer Donald Bayne.
:roll:

and

During an event Tuesday in Vancouver, Harper said he's not been called to testify. He has long insisted he didn't know that his former chief of staff Nigel Wright had paid $90,000 to cover Duffy's disallowed expenses.
Harper said investigators have looked into his assertions and have confirmed his position.
:roll:

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Well he's off to the Summit of the Americas in Panama.

And the worst thing is he can't run away from all his problems, not even in Panama.
Not when another of his star appointments Arthur Porter is languishing in a Panamanian jail, and inviting Harper to visit him.

Arthur Porter to Harper: You’re ‘most welcome’ to visit on Panama trip

Arthur Porter to Harper: You’re ‘most welcome’ to visit on Panama trip - The Globe and Mail

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
The best thing that the Fed PCs ever did was involve the RCMP in the investigation from the start. As we are seeing, the abuse by select Senators is not limited exclusively to Conservative appointees but includes Liberal members and all are being audited for improprieties.

This must be extremely painful for those that live in a partisan (political) world and especially pain the CBC who now has a real conundrum in having to reluctantly make mention of guys like Mac Harb and the most recent Lib Senator as well.

Ultimately, the fact that the RCMP haven't been dragging the PMO into the fray does not bode well for guys like Duffy or the ideologues and CBC

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The Crown in the Duffy trial has introduced a very interesting proposition using Justin Bieber to make the point.

The Crown's contention is that you cannot be a senator unless, at the time of appointment, you are duly resident in the province you are to represent. Mr. Holmes used the example of the requirement that senators be 30-years of age when he asked the Senate law clerk whether, had 21-year old Bieber been given a Senate appointment, the law would deem him to be 30. Of course not.

So the Crown's theory is that, if you're not already resident at the date of appointment, your appointment is invalid (link is external).

Oopsie!

Let's chat about Harper loyalist and former personal aide, now senator for New Brunswick, Carolyn Stewart-Olsen (link is external) - the one who dutifully helped launder Duffy's Senate audit report. For years she lived and worked as a nurse in the Ottawa area.

Unlike Duffy, who actually owned property - land and a cottage - in Prince Edward Island at the time of his appointment, apparently Stewart-Olsen didn't get her residence in New Brunswick until several months after taking her seat in the Senate.

Wowser.

By the Crown's theory. Stewart-Olsen's appointment was even less valid than Duffy's which could mean her residency expense claims are every bit as fraudulent as Duffy's.

Expect to hear more about this when Stewart-Olsen answers her subpoena to testify.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
I predict evidence and arguments will be presented in court, and the court will rule based on the evidence, the arguments and the law.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
i have found a story in their shared "make up artist",we are curious to have a peek at this make up artist.possibly their was some type of jealous threesome going on?,possibly some cross dressing going on, there has been many references to this make up artist,let's see a picture to this he or she make up artist.

it is already a story,watching the administration of law and judicial being *****d is the real story,we love it.
where are all the numbers,Canadians need to know the accounting practices of the senate.
the pm is already roped in,thanks for the spin.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
just read the news,one could not make up this interesting court case of the Prime Ministers Office vs Senator Duffy.
is it just me, or is the Duffy story becoming more kinky by the day,"enlarged pictures of Barb Bush"?What's that all about,or should we just let our imaginations roam where they need to go.Does Senator Duffy have a garage?man cave?
More and more information released makes this whole ordeal sound rather strange,"personal trainers"?Was there really one?
The more I hear about this case, and believe me it is only a little bit news I have received,I think the bus should be backed up to when Mr. Duffy was appointed to the senate,when was that?What year?
I am uncertain on all this information,as I have read one page on the court happenings,I am delayed in information,I don't have any idea of the order of placement of information, or details,I know nothing of the character of the Justice,defense or,prosecutor,(court prosecutors in alberta are of weak character,not all) and of course there are the.enablers for this case to proceed,.......but now with the little very evidence I have,(drum role please) I question the validation of the appointment of Mr. Duffy in the first place and his role in spending money in second place.
How Senator Duffy became in a delirium of sense of entitlement is not my curiosity,how he got there is my curosity.
I have some great ideas what happened.
Could it be possible Mr. Duffy was chosen long before his appointment,or it could be anyone for matter of fact speaking.
Why was Mr. Duffy chosen?
the question is did they use Mr. Duffy for his influence in his Province or did they use Senator Duffy for something more sinister like cooking books?.
I wonder if the defence should back up the bus?, and do some homework on what was going on when Mr. Duffy was appointed,then again I am sure this measurement of assessment has been implemented,fool or no fool, this question is an easy question to answer.
Certainly the Justice system is not going to be obvious by not scrutinizing the time frame of entitlement,once again I hope Canadians are not entertained to process's of information which leave out pertinant information,then again the RCMP went along with it,I should not be so hopeful on what I think
I think Mr. Duffy was used with within a master plan, with "disposable" on the designers mind
Come on does noone else want to hear about the make up artist???Are you not curious?
Sometimes I thought my Prime Ministers cheeks were too red,lips red also.

we know how its all going to end,in the mean time can we just have some fun with the information at hand.
does anyone know any rumours on the Judge proceeding this case?

I have nothing against barb bush,actually i saw an interview with her and I became quite fond of her.I feel sorry she is roped in with Senator Duffy,I want to know about that"roping in",don't you.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
just read the news,one could not make up this interesting court case of the Prime Ministers Office vs Senator Duffy.
is it just me, or is the Duffy story becoming more kinky by the day,"enlarged pictures of Barb Bush"?What's that all about,or should we just let our imaginations roam where they need to go.

I have nothing against barb bush,actually i saw an interview with her and I became quite fond of her.I feel sorry she is roped in with Senator Duffy,I want to know about that"roping in",don't you.

I have nothing against her either but seriously Duff? You had her picture ......