Tories bow to criticism of Terror bill

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Anti-terror bill to be scaled back as Tories bow to criticism

CBC News has learned the government will propose a handful of amendments to Bill C-51 starting Tuesday.

The government wants to limit the kind of protests which would be captured by the bill by narrowing the scope of activities qualifying as terrorist acts.

The government amendment will also clarify that CSIS agents will not have the power to arrest.

More to come

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/politics/a...led-back-as-tories-bow-to-criticism-1.3012694

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
That is a good sign but that bill would never have passed a supreme court challenge anyway. Harpo knew that from the beginning. Makes me wonder what he really has up his sleeve.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Big deal. Fix YOUR Province.

2bbl @ $50 a pop has the same profit as 1. Any volume increases?

Should oil have stayed overinflated @ $100+bbl as Martin initiated?

Yes, no, or post a retarded gif?

P.S.

Where is the SK doom and gloom?

relic

Council Member
Nov 29, 2009
Nova Scotia
You don't think that meby some of that crap was put there so the torys could take it out later and LOOK like they give a **** what the peons might think ?

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
love it. If the tories push it through as is, which they can if they wanted to, they get shyte on. If they listen and make some amendments, they get shyte on.

So, tell me, how do you want the Tories to run Parliament?

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Did not Harpo get in with a promise of open, honest transparent government and has he not done just the opposite? How about they run parliament the way they promised to, instead of all this subterfuge, dishonesty and corruption. Harpo runs this country like his own private country club.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
That is a good sign but that bill would never have passed a supreme court challenge anyway. Harpo knew that from the beginning. Makes me wonder what he really has up his sleeve.
Since when is the Supreme court the government ?
I believe it is their job to interpret the law put before them

Did not Harpo get in with a promise of open, honest transparent government and has he not done just the opposite? How about they run parliament the way they promised to, instead of all this subterfuge, dishonesty and corruption. Harpo runs this country like his own private country club.
Hmmn open and transparent government . Where have you ever seen that ? Even in your commune you don't have open and transparent government .

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
love it. If the tories push it through as is, which they can if they wanted to, they get shyte on. If they listen and make some amendments, they get shyte on.

So, tell me, how do you want the Tories to run Parliament?

Perhaps they should try not to **** on the charter to begin with. Then they and their supporters wouldn't look so ridiculously and epically stupid. Who am I kidding? They would find some other way to look stupid.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012

Absolutely. I hold them to a higher standard than the Liberals or NDP could ever meet.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
For weeks Stephen Harper and his Cons have been insisting that their dangerous anti-terrorism bill C-51 is perfect and doesn't need any changes.

And ridiculing anyone who suggested otherwise.............