Rob Ford to apologize for racial slurs

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

City Councillor Rob Ford. (Craig Robertson/QMI Agency)
TORONTO — The city’s integrity commissioner says Rob Ford breached council’s code of conduct when he used several racial slurs during his time as mayor.

Valerie Jepson’s report says Ford doesn’t dispute the statements and has agreed to deliver an apology during next week’s city council meeting.

A resident filed the complaint on July 8, 2014.

“Specifically, it is alleged that on March 17, 2012, while in the presence of his staff, Mr. Ford called a racialized person who was providing him a taxi service a ‘p---’ and “made mocking fake language sounds,” Jepson writes.

Ford made the remarks the same night he threw a St. Patrick’s Day party in his office during which he ended up being described by City Hall security as “very intoxicated” and wandering around the main floor of the building “with a half-empty bottle of St-Remy French Brandy.”

The other outburst occurred on March 5, 2014, and was reported in The Toronto Star. Ford claimed, “Nobody sticks up for people like I do, every f----ing k---e, n----r, f----ing w-p, d-go, whatever the race. Nobody does.

“I’m the most racist guy around. I’m the mayor of Toronto,” he said.

Jepson’s report says Ford, who is now a councillor, accepted the underlying facts of the complaint, took responsibility for his actions and reminded her about a public apology he delivered for all of his conduct when he returned from a stint in rehab.

“I take Mr. Ford at his word and trust that he will act differently with respect to his use of language in the future,” she wrote.

The complainant, however, didn’t accept Ford’s earlier apology and requested sanctions unless Ford “meaningfully acknowledged his misconduct.” The integrity commissioner agreed there should be a formal public record that the mayor’s conduct “fell short.”

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
at least he's being inclusive when being racist. ;)

Last edited:

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
People keep voting for him so he must be relevant eh? Ford is a loser and
after all this time the media seeks him out on a slow day and besides the
world needs more comic relief

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
When you advertise to the world and then try to make a commodity of your 'loserness' you will become the perennial loser.
You reap what you sow. I almost feel sorry for the guy but while he was mayor I believe he showed his true self.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
When you advertise to the world and then try to make a commodity of your 'loserness' you will become the perennial loser.
You reap what you sow. I almost feel sorry for the guy but while he was mayor I believe he showed his true self.
Blah Blah Blah