Rob Ford near scene of first of two shootings in Toronto

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

Rob Ford at Toronto City Hall, Wednesday, March 11, 2015. (Craig Robertson/QMI Agency)
TORONTO – Former mayor Rob Ford was near the scene when the first of two young men were shot hours apart in what police say are gang-related shootings at an west-end highrise earlier this week.

One of the men has since died from his wounds.

"He wouldn't say anything," Ford said after the Tuesday night shooting . "He was shot once in the shoulder and twice in the lower body. It was bad."

But the man was coherent, added Ford, who said was in the area doing constituency calls.

Police have taken the unusual step of revealing that victim's identity as Ahmed Siyad, who a source has confirmed to QMI Agency, is the brother of Liban Siyad -- the alleged gang member who Ford's pal Sandro Lisi is accused of extorting in relation to the Rob Ford crack video.

Police have been tight-lipped in the wake of the violence in the building, but homicide cops now confirm the two shootings are connected and most likely gang-related.

"Officers had just cleared the area after collecting forensic evidence and interviewing witnesses from the first shooting and it was literally minutes later that the second shooting occurred," Det.-Sgt. Gary Giroux said Thursday.

"Actually, some of the same officers who were at the building for the first call responded again to the second call."

Gunfire first erupted around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday in the underground parking garage at the Toronto Community Housing highrise building, where officers located Siyad in front of the complex with gunshot wounds. He survived his injuries.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I always have thought it may be exciting to be near gun fire,I have found myself in places it may happen,just as long it is two blocks from me,in the country we hear gun shots all the time.

different types of guns.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
How is this news? So Ford was in a neighborhood where someone got shot
Must have been a slow news day for sure. The rule of news is unless there
is a connection to the person in the neighborhood and the shooting itself its
not news

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
not news
Rob Ford, his very life was possibly in danger due to gang activity, maybe, could have been, possibly, might have...ya know, like that

he is practically a god to his worshipers

to the rest of us he's just that fat old Ford with our sympathy due to his dire condition which hopefully is now under control

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
And to Flossy, he's an arch-villain!
I seriously have been thinking about him a lot lately because at first every needle they stuck into him was news, then poof, he vanished off of the page which makes ya kinda think things might not be going so well for him, otherwise it would be headlined

maybe not though...but ya wonder

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
when a cop unloaded his weapon in my parking lot downstairs, after the car had run over him and broken his leg, I thought some azzhat was letting off fire works...

missed all the excitement...second time I've missed all of the police action

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
A pistol sounds nothing like a rifle.
depends on the pistol,does it not.
i live in gun country.

Rob Ford, his very life was possibly in danger due to gang activity, maybe, could have been, possibly, might have...ya know, like that

he is practically a god to his worshipers

to the rest of us he's just that fat old Ford with our sympathy due to his dire condition which hopefully is now under control
yes he is god to his followers,this is a good thing to take into account.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
not news

I guess I would have to agree that at this point in time there is nothing to go on so it does not appear newsworthy.

I think the reason that a number of outlets are reporting is because he was the mayor and his connections to Sandro Lisi.

Zipperfish

House Member
Apr 12, 2013
Vancouver
He's baaaaaaack.