CRTC to relax Canadian content rules on television

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Canada’s broadcast regulator is re-writing the rules that protect Canadian television programs, hoping it can nurture better, more popular shows by relaxing quotas that ensure blocks of the broadcast day are made in Canada.

To encourage producers and broadcasters to focus their spending on quality, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) is substantially reducing the number of hours each day that must be filled with Canadian content. But it will keep half of the prime time evening schedule earmarked for Canadian programs on local networks.

more

CRTC to relax Canadian content rules on television - The Globe and Mail

now if they could just clean up all that nickleback crap on the radio.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Hahahahaha!!! They have been relaxed in my home for 20 years in Canada!!!

I'm just putting up a new Slimline and setting up Whole-Home DVR service so I can get rid of all the figgin wires today.. I do my own installs. ;)

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Wow. I didn't know Nickleback was still around.
BTW, most of American TV is about retarded Alaskans. Alaskans being a euphemism for American.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Wow. I didn't know Nickleback was still around.
BTW, most of American TV is about retarded Alaskans. Alaskans being a euphemism for American.

I was trying to be hip and trendy...thought all the kids listened to that crap...I haven't cared about radio since the 70's ended. my bad. :lol: