RCMP investigating OPP union

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Insiders triggered RCMP probe into alleged ‘fraud and theft’ by OPP union leaders

n the summer of 2014, a stretch limousine arrived at the Ontario Provincial Police Association’s headquarters in Barrie, Ont., carrying two entrepreneurs: Noel Francis Chantiam, known to have a box at the Rogers Centre in Toronto where he hosted officials, and Klara Kozak, a budding travel marketer. Andrew McKay, a prominent Toronto lawyer who specializes in representing police unions, introduced the pair to a triumvirate of officers who ran the provincial police union: Jim Christie, Karl Walsh and Martin Bain.

Mr. Chantiam pitched an idea, court documents allege. The union bosses listened.

“Francis talks fast and assumes we are as smart as he is,” Mr. Walsh later allegedly wrote in an email about the meeting.

It is then that a deal was forged to provide travel services for the association and its members, according to allegations made by the RCMP in documents filed in court.

But any alleged deal — and who might be profiting from it — would not become publicly known until concerned employees secretly told their view of things to the RCMP, and an Ontario Court judge unsealed the suspicions of federal investigators on Friday.

There are “reasonable grounds to believe,” the RCMP allege, that all of those involved at the meeting that day “acted together to commit criminal offences of fraud and theft against the OPPA.”

Who's who in the RCMP investigation?

more

Insiders triggered RCMP probe into alleged ‘fraud and theft’ by OPP union leaders | National Post

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
Re: Insiders triggered RCMP probe into alleged ‘fraud and theft’ by OPP union leaders

The Commissioner of the RCMP recently agreed with me,stating all these investigations,hence safety and security and I imagine all this political corruption investigations are eating up resources of the RCMP,more so the Commisisoner went onto say there has been abandoment of investigations of criminal activity as a result of limited resources,all I can say is Mr. Paulson,bunker on down,corruption is thriving,someone tell him to quit his whining.The RCMP has enough of public dollars for these investigations,or have had as much as they want, i guess it is good time to lobby for money,then again the RCMP snap their fingers,more money comes their way,what more do they want,I thught the Commisisoners action were selfish.Yes I understand the Duffy investigation along with other investigations took years,millions of tax dollars,hotels,hookers,beer tabs,jets,yes I understand about the cost to finance programs like the Mr. Big techniques,but this is reality about the Canadian taxpayer we just cannot keep up with the financial tab of the RCMP,we are not getting our bang for our buck,they are too poltically connected for autonomy of investigations.The Maythorpe 4 public inquiry demonstrated the RCMP should not be in charge of public money,or private money for this matter.
then again everyone wants a piece of the pie,let them play!,I myself like the pie equally distributed.
The Commissioner is whining.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Re: Insiders triggered RCMP probe into alleged ‘fraud and theft’ by OPP union leaders

The Commissioner of the RCMP recently agreed with me,stating all these investigations,hence safety and security and I imagine all this political corruption investigations are eating up resources of the RCMP,more so the Commisisoner went onto say there has been abandoment of investigations of criminal activity as a result of limited resources,all I can say is Mr. Paulson,bunker on down,corruption is thriving,someone tell him to quit his whining.The RCMP has enough of public dollars for these investigations,or have had as much as they want, i guess it is good time to lobby for money,then again the RCMP snap their fingers,more money comes their way,what more do they want,I thught the Commisisoners action were selfish.Yes I understand the Duffy investigation along with other investigations took years,millions of tax dollars,hotels,hookers,beer tabs,jets,yes I understand about the cost to finance programs like the Mr. Big techniques,but this is reality about the Canadian taxpayer we just cannot keep up with the financial tab of the RCMP,we are not getting our bang for our buck,they are too poltically connected for autonomy of investigations.The Maythorpe 4 public inquiry demonstrated the RCMP should not be in charge of public money,or private money for this matter.
then again everyone wants a piece of the pie,let them play!,I myself like the pie equally distributed.
The Commissioner is whining.

Nope- the RCMP budget has been cut like every to meet the election promise of no deficit in an election year.
Please use Periods, no tampons needed - Caps and sentences. Hard to reads 1 long post like that.
And I am far from a Grammar police type.
Thanks

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea

The Commissioner of the RCMP recently agreed with me,stating all these investigations,hence safety and security and I imagine all this political corruption investigations are eating up resources of the RCMP,more so the Commisisoner went onto say there has been abandoment of investigations of criminal activity as a result of limited resources,all I can say is Mr. Paulson,bunker on down,corruption is thriving,someone tell him to quit his whining.The RCMP has enough of public dollars for these investigations,....The Commissioner is whining.
It's not money for investigation it's manpower-there are only so many qualified people-you can't take a cop from Pouce Coupe and expect him to investigate the OPP.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
The RCMP have a history of access to all kinds of money,the question is ,are they using this money to benifit the organization and more so the Officers they serve.
It was my understanding with a recent police killing that within the responding detachment there was not enough body protection for everyone,shortage of body protection,it was a flip of the coin circumstance to who will be awarded the body protection.
we know how it all ended.
this is wrong,therefore the question is how is the RCMP prioritizing their money,and more so how is this money distributed.
Some of the "Mr. Big" process's have had unlimited amount of money flowing into the projects,while jurisdiction policing has to fight for every penny,why is that you ask,well this would be a whole different blog.
What i have determined is financial applicationdepends on the poltical structure and influence within this structure,I have determined 5 areas of influence which has tainted accountability to safe policing,this too is another blog.
contact your MP regarding and demanding safe policing through a correct and fair application of funds,the safety of law enforcement depends on this

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
The RCMP have a history of access to all kinds of money,the question is ,are they using this money to benifit the organization and more so the Officers they serve.
It was my understanding with a recent police killing that within the responding detachment there was not enough body protection for everyone,shortage of body protection,it was a flip of the coin circumstance to who will be awarded the body protection.
we know how it all ended.
this is wrong,therefore the question is how is the RCMP prioritizing their money,and more so how is this money distributed.
Some of the "Mr. Big" process's have had unlimited amount of money flowing into the projects,while jurisdiction policing has to fight for every penny,why is that you ask,well this would be a whole different blog.
What i have determined is financial applicationdepends on the poltical structure and influence within this structure,I have determined 5 areas of influence which has tainted accountability to safe policing,this too is another blog.
contact your MP regarding and demanding safe policing through a correct and fair application of funds,the safety of law enforcement depends on this

This is about the Ontario Provincial Police UNION. Not about the RCMP. Nice attempt at deflection though.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

Nope- the RCMP budget has been cut like every to meet the election promise of no deficit in an election year.
Please use Periods, no tampons needed - Caps and sentences. Hard to reads 1 long post like that.
And I am far from a Grammar police type.
Thanks
thanks Goober for the heads up,i do wish I knew how to utilize a spell check and grammer program,I do thank you for reading my blog,but obviously you find the whole structure of my blog somewaht irritating.
i would like to remind my readers,i write in a compulsive manner,free spirted,and i have no expectations of others enjoying my writing,just don't read my ramblings Goober,this would make you feel better,and me too.
thanks for the help

This is about the Ontario Provincial Police UNION. Not about the RCMP. Nice attempt at deflection though.
It is unfortunate you don't see them as a seperate identity,I see them of the same,part of the "whiskey and water" syndrome,the state of affairs of administration of law in Ontario symbolizes this.
I just blog about anything,off topic,sure,don't take my rambling serious.No intent to make you look the other way.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

It is unfortunate you don't see them as a seperate identity,I see them of the same,part of the "whiskey and water" syndrome,the state of affairs of administration of law in Ontario symbolizes this.
I just blog about anything,off topic,sure,don't take my rambling serious.No intent to make you look the other way.

You see the RCMP, the OPP and the Union as being one and the same? Really? You'll have to explain that one because they are definitely 3 distinctly different organizations.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

You see the RCMP, the OPP and the Union as being one and the same? Really? You'll have to explain that one because they are definitely 3 distinctly different organizations.
I guess i see their administrative techniques as the same,yes they are seperate idenities which shares the same administative techniques,threfore I see them as one.did I hurt your feelings?

I guess i see their administrative techniques as the same,yes they are seperate idenities which shares the same administative techniques,threfore I see them as one.did I hurt your feelings?
I just write about nothing,so it is best to ignore my blogs,move onto more constructive writings without spelling or grammer errors.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

I just write about nothing,so it is best to ignore my blogs,move onto more constructive writings without spelling or grammer errors.

Did I say anything about spelling or grammar? No, I did not. The fact that your writings are incomprehensible ramblings showing that you don't have even the basic ideas of what you are talking about means that your spelling and grammar errors are really inconsequential in the big scheme of things.

what is the wow about?

Is this where I model after other bloggers and start name calling?

and BTW, this board is not about "blogging". "Blogging" is a whole other kettle of fish.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

Did I say anything about spelling or grammar? No, I did not. The fact that your writings are incomprehensible ramblings showing that you don't have even the basic ideas of what you are talking about means that your spelling and grammar errors are really inconsequential in the big scheme of things.
you are correct!my spelling and grammer is inconsequential in the big scheme of things, and I thank you for this.
what does wow mean?

and BTW, this board is not about "blogging". "Blogging" is a whole other kettle of fish.
what does BTW mean?then what is this board?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.

all you need to know is the Commissioner did agree with me,this is the important thing for you to remember.