Jodie Emery: Liberal party dismissive of my nomination

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
oh boy, here we go again :lol:

Pot activist Jodie Emery says the Liberal Party of Canada is being dismissive of her nomination to run as the candidate in a Vancouver riding.

She is one of four candidates under review to become an official nominee in the riding of Vancouver East, which is currently held by NDP MP Libby Davies. Davies has announced she won’t seek re-election.

Emery claims her supporters have received emails from the Liberal Party saying they have no affiliation with her. She says it sends a discouraging signal to would-be supporters. "Please note that the Emerys have no role in the Liberal Party of Canada, are not affiliated with the Liberal Party of Canada and the party does not endorse their planned cross-Canada tour in any way," said an email from Louis Langlois on behalf of the Liberal Party to one of Emery's supporters.

more

Jodie Emery: Liberal party dismissive of my nomination - British Columbia - CBC News

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
She was on the news a couple of nights ago. According to the news she does not even belong to the liberal party or any riding associations. Now one would think that if you were proposing to run for the nomination for a party you would at least join the party first.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
So does Justine support the potheads or not? Let's be consistent at least on 1 issue. Seems like a pretty simple issue to be consistent on for him.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
She was on the news a couple of nights ago. According to the news she does not even belong to the liberal party or any riding associations. Now one would think that if you were proposing to run for the nomination for a party you would at least join the party first.
Ain't like focused, sustained effort is the forte of potheads.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
my oh my

Jodie Emery: rejected : Prime time : SunNews Video Gallery