Have you heard about Canadas 150th Birthday Party?

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Recently released federal spending figures show advertising promoting Canada's 150th birthday — two years from now — has cost nearly $12 million, so far.

Canada 150 ad costs rising but no plans in sight - Politics - CBC News

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Answering the thread question, "Yes, I have. I have seen signage when visiting Ottawa recently."

Too bad we can't have a Centennial-and-a-half train on a transcontinental railroad....
Only Liberals can do that.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
12 mil will just about set up the bureaucracy necessary to run the program. Double that to pay for their severance when the party is over and pay out the 20 year leases on their temporary office space.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Why can't we celebrate?

The real question is why can't we celebrate without the government spending ridiculous amounts of money at it...and running a deficit to boot. Do you like to see the government borrow money to throw parties?

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
vs the 1,000 million wynne and her gang fukked us with for the contract cancellation on the gas plant...who cares.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
vs the 1,000 million wynne and her gang fukked us with for the contract cancellation on the gas plant...who cares.

You sound like that US senator who said 1 billion here in 1 billion there pretty soon it adds up to some serious money

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
huge amount money is put into advertising,millions and millions
this advertising comes in different forms,commissioned publications,posters,pamphlets,10 % mail outs,there is no accountability on publications or money placed on publications of different means,who prints these and how much money is a big secret,the printing is contracted out.
in my work place, the propaganda posters are of ridiculous content and questions are asked such as ,why would we spend money on such ridiculous propoganda?sometimes the question is asked if money laundering is part of the reasoning for such foolish propoganda,sometimes the question of who is making the money on these publications which noone reads?
as of recent we have these "clouds"of information of "hand washing" at work, they are offensive and most of them have ended up in the garbage,., I bet the alberta government has spent a trillion dollars on publications of hand washing.These publications which demonstrate how our employer views our ignorance is more then offensive.

Sal

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 29, 2007
nope, I've seen bupkis and I want to keep it that way...it's two years from now for gawd sake