Calgary CON says Veterans are Happy With Shabby Treatment

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
While honouring Second World War veterans Monday, a Calgary MP angered other ex-warriors by saying they’re all happy with how they’re being treated by Ottawa.

Calgary-Centre CON MP Joan Crockatt helped hand out certificates and pins to seven Second World War and Korean War vets at the Centennial Royal Canadian Legion to mark 75 years since the start of the former conflict.

“Men and women like you were crucial in securing the freedoms we have today,” Crockatt told the seven.

Soon after, the Sun received a deluge of calls from veterans — like Mike Blais of the group Canadian Veterans Advocacy — most expressing disbelief over Crockatt’s comments and anger about Ottawa’s handling of their cases.

“I think she’s delusional, after all the press and the abandonment by Minister Fantino,” said army vet Blais, referring to Veterans Affairs Minister Julian Fantino.

The minister’s accused of arrogantly dismissing veterans’ concerns, one of them over a lump sum disability payment they contend isn’t enough.

Blais said he’s part of an ex-warrior movement dedicated to holding the Harper government to account over its treatment of vets, adding he’s fought tooth and nail for any benefits he’s received following injuries in NATO and Gulf War service.

“You’re going to hear a lot more about it in the new year, exposing the lies and all the intransigence,” he said.

Navy veteran Mike Grady, 51, called Crockatt’s denial of criticism “typical,” adding he’s been withheld disability benefits because he’s two months shy of the 10-year qualification.

“I don’t even get a veteran’s identification,” he said.

more

Canadian Forces veterans decry Calgary MP claims that they're content with their

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
the whole veteran affair scandal is now under "strict doctrine of projected thought",a PR company probably helped with designing this doctrine.
how the design works,(or this writing space is made for one aspect of the design,there are a few things to look forward in the confidence building of Veterns affairs)
the design goes something like this,
administering a lengthy process of confidence, lengthy is the key word here,identifying and alienating the trouble makers who will not accept or settle for the new found confidence,dividing these troublemaking individuals from others who share the same cause,
cause disorientation through sycophancy is the strategy,fragmenting the power of numbers is the first part of the design,
this design has worked before,and is working again,Veterns do not have a chance.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
We have had 30-40 years of liberal government since WW11, why do you make it such a PC problem? Do you enjoy lying?

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
I totally understand pro establishment individuals shift to anti establlishment individuals when observing the Veterns affair's handling of this important portfolio,I do not endorse organized crime,but i see how it happens.

We have had 30-40 years of liberal government since WW11, why do you make it such a PC problem? Do you enjoy lying?
are you talking to me?

I do not think it is a time to bring politics into this situation,it does not matter what party or when,
it is time to settle the dust,which was under false security for the past 40 years,regardless of politics or the parties which guided these silly misguided notions,
life moves on

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
There have been two governing parties since this country was founded the Tories
and the Liberals and both have forgotten their responsibility over the years. to say
one or other is lying is not correct. The difference is this the Conservatives pledged
they would change the way vets were treated didn't happen. The hypocrisy of the
thing is they base their photo ops for the election based on the honor the vet theme
they have screwed like the other guys and its one reason why I won't be voting for
them

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
What is the standard that the veterans are asking for? Is there a dollar value assigned to it?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
What is the standard that the veterans are asking for? Is there a dollar value assigned to it?

More than they are now getting. As best I can tell from the few vets I know personally it depends on if you have disabilities or not. One friend that did 26 in the navy makes out really well. I think some of the vets think the taxpayer owes them a life long living for a few years service and then there are some that really need more help than they are getting. Having worked for the alarmed farces I know that they have a rule for everything and like good little bureaucraps they will not deviate from the rule regardless of circumstances.

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
How much is being spent on veterans each year? Can someone break it down to pensions, extended healthcare, and other?