Conservatives lead rival parties in fundraising ahead of 2015 election

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
why?

Prime Minister Stephen Harper’s Conservatives lead their rivals in fundraising and candidate selection ahead of the 2015 federal election, key early advantages for the incumbent party.

The Conservatives have nominated more candidates, are raising more money and already have more cash in both national and local coffers, a Globe and Mail review of Elections Canada records shows.

The election is scheduled for Oct. 19, and Mr. Harper and his officials have repeatedly said they have no plans to call an earlier vote.

The Conservative campaign war chest offers one incentive not to do so. While there are limits to spending during the official campaign period, the Conservatives are free to advertise extensively leading up to an election actually being called.

more

Conservatives lead rival parties in fundraising ahead of 2015 election - The Globe and Mail

JamesBondo

House Member
Mar 3, 2012
I object to mandatory union dues being donated to the same party every election. This practise needs to stop. I certainly don't vote for the same party in every election.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
I object to mandatory union dues being donated to the same party every election. This practise needs to stop. I certainly don't vote for the same party in every election.
I once brought a motion to the floor at a local union meeting that we shouldn't unilaterally donate money to a single party since we had members that voted for different parties and it was unfair to those members to have part of their union dues donated to a party they didn't vote for...
The motion was seconded and passed much to the chagrin of the local president who was a staunch NDP'er
I think he hated me after that :lol: