Stephen Harper and Peter MacKay, appoint Anti Gay Judge

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Who sounds like he had sprung from the bowels of bigoted America.

A law professor named an Ontario judge this week wrote two years ago for a conservative, U.S.-based institute that the legalization of same-sex marriage in Canada has harmed religious freedom and free speech, and led to the “indoctrination” of children in public schools.

Same-sex marriage harms free speech, new Ontario judge wrote in 2012 - The Globe and Mail

And more from Bradley Miller.......

NOt only does he in this essay for a virulently homophobic group, grossly exaggerate the impact gay marriage has had on Canada.

Not only is it permeated with the clammy paranoia of crazy America's gay hating religious fanatics.

It has been argued that if same-sex marriage is institutionalized, new marital categories may be accepted, like polygamy. Once one abandons a conjugal conception of marriage, and replaces it with a conception of marriage that has adult companionship as its focus, there is no principled basis for resisting the extension of marriage licenses to polygamist and polyamorist unions.

The ones who compare gay marriage to someone marrying a dog.

Or a horse...

Same-Sex Marriage Ten Years On: Lessons from Canada | Public Discourse

Not only does Miller dare suggest that the bullies are the victims.

The bully has become the victim. That’s the latest thinking of religious and social right moralists who still can’t seem to grasp the most basic precepts of living in a pluralistic society.

It is astounding a Canadian jurist in the 21st century would posit that stability, fidelity and permanence are somehow the exclusive domain of traditional marriage.

Playing victim - Editorials - The Telegram

The worst thing about Bradley Miller is what most Canadians don't know, and the Cons are trying to hide: his writings are used by religious bigots to deny LGBT people their human rights all over the world.

He's an anti-gay ICON. A beacon for bigots all over the world.

And the most disgusting thing is THAT is why the Cons made him a judge. To please their rabid religious gay-hating base who consider him a hero.

LGBT Rights v. the Anti-Rational Passions of the Right | Thinking Taiwan

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vVawS8pJaIc

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Oh my God....really? Well then. We should definitely discriminate against him for his personal beliefs and not allow him to have the job.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
He can hold whatever opinions he wants, whether I agree with him, you agree with him, or anyone agrees with him. His job is to make decisions based upon the rule of law. If he does his job, there should be no problems.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
He can hold whatever opinions he wants, whether I agree with him, you agree with him, or anyone agrees with him. His job is to make decisions based upon the rule of law. If he does his job, there should be no problems.

For God's sake woman! What is wrong with you? Obviously those that are "anti-gay" should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. The last thing we should be allowing is for them to be able to make any kind of living, no matter how good they are. They are "anti-gay"! I mean, that is the absolute worse thing one can be.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Who sounds like he had sprung from the bowels of bigoted America.

A law professor named an Ontario judge this week wrote two years ago for a conservative, U.S.-based institute that the legalization of same-sex marriage in Canada has harmed religious freedom and free speech, and led to the “indoctrination” of children in public schools.

Same-sex marriage harms free speech, new Ontario judge wrote in 2012 - The Globe and Mail

And more from Bradley Miller.......

NOt only does he in this essay for a virulently homophobic group, grossly exaggerate the impact gay marriage has had on Canada.

Not only is it permeated with the clammy paranoia of crazy America's gay hating religious fanatics.

It has been argued that if same-sex marriage is institutionalized, new marital categories may be accepted, like polygamy. Once one abandons a conjugal conception of marriage, and replaces it with a conception of marriage that has adult companionship as its focus, there is no principled basis for resisting the extension of marriage licenses to polygamist and polyamorist unions.

The ones who compare gay marriage to someone marrying a dog.

Or a horse...

Same-Sex Marriage Ten Years On: Lessons from Canada | Public Discourse

Not only does Miller dare suggest that the bullies are the victims.

The bully has become the victim. That’s the latest thinking of religious and social right moralists who still can’t seem to grasp the most basic precepts of living in a pluralistic society.

It is astounding a Canadian jurist in the 21st century would posit that stability, fidelity and permanence are somehow the exclusive domain of traditional marriage.

Playing victim - Editorials - The Telegram

The worst thing about Bradley Miller is what most Canadians don't know, and the Cons are trying to hide: his writings are used by religious bigots to deny LGBT people their human rights all over the world.

He's an anti-gay ICON. A beacon for bigots all over the world.

And the most disgusting thing is THAT is why the Cons made him a judge. To please their rabid religious gay-hating base who consider him a hero.

LGBT Rights v. the Anti-Rational Passions of the Right | Thinking Taiwan

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vVawS8pJaIc

and you're mad because you're a gay person, a child, a horse, playing victim or some other nonsense?

get a grip scrooge. it's Christmastime. :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
For God's sake woman! What is wrong with you? Obviously those that are "anti-gay" should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail. The last thing we should be allowing is for them to be able to make any kind of living, no matter how good they are. They are "anti-gay"! I mean, that is the absolute worse thing one can be.

Oh you know me and my bad habit of not wanting to pre-judge people before they actually do something wrong.

"Fuk the thought-police!"

:D

Now you're gonna totally confuse some people with that post :)

Some people are already confused, many insist he's a rabid right-wing ultra-conservative!

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I don't know how anyone can fault a lawyer for representing the views of his client(s) who are paying him to do just that.

It would follow then that anyone representing the most reprehensible criminals, who have the right to such representation, should also be blacklisted from the bench? Should only Crown Attorneys be allowed to become judges?

Is there a link to this guy's actual dissertation other than the hysterical hearsay of indignant critics?

i see that link now... nevermind

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Oh my God....really? Well then. We should definitely discriminate against him for his personal beliefs and not allow him to have the job.

Thank you. I support gay marriage and oppose discriminating against some one for holding a differing opinion.

They are "anti-gay"! I mean, that is the absolute worse thing one can be.

Actually, being anti-horror is much worse. Much much worse.

Coming soon!

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
Speaking of horror, hey RCS, how about the film genre? anything in the works?

funny, just for something to do the other day, I tried searching the name of a chick I went to highschool with, but drew a blank, so then I checked out the school itself to see if there might be any links to any yearbooks from the 70s - kinda struck out there again but I noticed a list of notable alumnis... like George Chevalo, Abbey Hoffmann... and then Tibor Takacs! hell, I played on the football team with that guy! so I checked him out and I dunno, maybe you're familiar with some of these horror productions?

Tibor Takas interview - THE GATE, I MADMAN

check out his birthdate in wikipedia and cue the twilight zone music

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Speaking of horror, hey RCS, how about the film genre? anything in the works?

funny, just for something to do the other day, I tried searching the name of a chick I went to highschool with, but drew a blank, so then I checked out the school itself to see if there might be any links to any yearbooks from the 70s - kinda struck out there again but I noticed a list of notable alumnis... like George Chevalo, Abbey Hoffmann... and then Tibor Takacs! hell, I played on the football team with that guy! so I checked him out and I dunno, maybe you're familiar with some of these horror productions?

Tibor Takas interview - THE GATE, I MADMAN

check out his birthdate in wikipedia and cue the twilight zone music

Yes, I actually saw The Gate and found it to be a fun little movie. The sequel? Not so much. I have not seen I MADMAN.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Just remember, there ain't no room for a diversity of opinion in a democracy
I am not surprised that social conservatives would appoint this guy its in their
blood to be hostile to those they oppose. Everyone is then surprised when
the people speak out. Polarization is the problem these days and no amount
of compromise or understanding should get in the way of a preconceived idea
right or wrong that seems to be the way it is