Daniel and Ezra

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
yabut... the godfather spoke! How Preston Manning convinced Wildrose MLAs to join mass defection
Then he called in Preston Manning, the founder of the Reform Party. The man who oversaw so many fractious attempts to unite the right throughout the 1990s.

“I met with them earlier this week and there were two basic things I said to them: One is that they should take pride in their accomplishments. That Wildrose really forced changes in the PC leadership by holding two of the previous leaders accountable for their behaviour,” Mr. Manning said. “And secondly that by getting 440,000 votes in the last election, they have pushed things on to more fiscally responsible grounds, which enabled the current premier to move there.”

Mr. Manning praised the disheartened Wildrosers by pointing out that the statement of unification essentially committed to most of the opposition’s platform — and especially to a balanced budget.

“The big picture, and this was certainly in their mind, and in the mind of the premier, is that the province is heading into deep water, and it’s absolutely essential to get the budget balanced as fast as possible,” Mr. Manning said.

Mr. Anderson said Mr. Manning’s pep talk was the moment that turned the tide.

“The vast majority of Wildrose caucus members look at him with a great deal of affection, as someone who is a statesman, a man of impeccable integrity, and someone we care a great deal about,” he said.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Manning Centre for Building Democracy

Statement by Preston Manning

As you will know, last week I was asked to meet with members of the Wildrose caucus to share my experience in “uniting the right” at the federal level.

That experience – which led to the creation of the Canadian Alliance – involved a democratic process of discussion with grassroots members, several consultative referendums, large conferences on principles and policy, a vote on acceptance or rejection by party members, and ultimately subjecting the results to electors in the 2000 federal election.

My failure to strongly recommend a similar process to the Wildrose caucus was a mistake on my part. It was a disservice to those who sought my counsel and to those who have placed their trust in my commitment to democracy – a mistake for which I now sincerely apologize to all concerned.

Preston Manning
Calgary
December 22, 2014

ooops...

:lol:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Prentice (who has the Royal Jelly) undercut all the WR issues. We shall see if Prentice implements all 10 positions agreed upon . Any with a link on those 10 positions?
Cuts are coming.
Now I hear Ezra stating he likes Raj Sherman. No I was not smoking any good stuff.