Trudeau directly addresses protesters on pipeline

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Justin Trudeau to protesters: 'Take a minute to explain

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau dealt with a small group of people protesting against the Energy East pipeline by briefly giving them the floor during an event in Toronto on Monday.

"Take a minute to explain to people your position and then we'll get back to this," Trudeau said during a Q&A about his memoir, Common Ground, at the Toronto Reference Library.

In a video from the event, two protesters carrying a sign about the proposed Energy East pipeline (what the sign says is obscured by the crowd) move to the front of the room, with a security guard standing nearby. It isn't clear from the video whether there were more protesters in attendance.

"Canada will fail every climate target if it goes through," one protester says of the pipeline, which would run from Alberta to New Brunswick. "As a young person, I want you, Mr. Trudeau, to call for a full climate review of Energy East."

After the man's brief speech, Trudeau urges the crowd to give the protesters a round of applause, which they do.

The protesters may have a sympathetic ear in Trudeau. In 2013, he told CBC News the proposed west-east pipeline project will not go forward unless it addresses key environmental concerns.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/justin-trudeau-to-protesters-take-a-minute-to-explain-1.2830702

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I think it's nice that he decided to give them a voice, but not without justification.

You don't see that very often from politicians.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.
Justin Trudeau to protesters: 'Take a minute to explain

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau dealt with a small group of people protesting against the Energy East pipeline by briefly giving them the floor during an event in Toronto on Monday.

"Take a minute to explain to people your position and then we'll get back to this," Trudeau said during a Q&A about his memoir, Common Ground, at the Toronto Reference Library.

In a video from the event, two protesters carrying a sign about the proposed Energy East pipeline (what the sign says is obscured by the crowd) move to the front of the room, with a security guard standing nearby. It isn't clear from the video whether there were more protesters in attendance.

"Canada will fail every climate target if it goes through," one protester says of the pipeline, which would run from Alberta to New Brunswick. "As a young person, I want you, Mr. Trudeau, to call for a full climate review of Energy East."

After the man's brief speech, Trudeau urges the crowd to give the protesters a round of applause, which they do.

The protesters may have a sympathetic ear in Trudeau. In 2013, he told CBC News the proposed west-east pipeline project will not go forward unless it addresses key environmental concerns.

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/canada/justin-trudeau-to-protesters-take-a-minute-to-explain-1.2830702

Like I keep telling you guys, Justin Trudeau is a complete moron.

I currently see 6 (yes SIX) supertankers sitting in the Saint John harbour waiting to unload oil from somewhere.....some of it Saudi? (oh our pal!s), some of it Russian? (thanks, Mr. Putin!) perhans Libyan? Or maybe even from ISIL.

Bring us a pipeline, twin it for NG, and we will see ships loading here, headed for Europe, strangling the dependance of our European allies on the lunatic Putin...................and making Canada rich.

Oh, the oil WILL move, if not by pipeline, then by rail. Ask the people of Lac Megantic how THAT worked out. Oh....and that was US oil from North Dakota.

No matter how you cut it, the pipelines MUST be built.

Screw idiot environmentalist, screw moronic politicians, screw them all. Drive them through.

This nation is being strangled by Luddite morons.

Let's DO IT!!

If these guys had been around 150 years ago you'd have to WALK from Halifax to Victoria BC.

waldo

House Member
Oct 19, 2009
I currently see 6 (yes SIX) supertankers sitting in the Saint John harbour waiting to unload oil from somewhere.....some of it Saudi? (oh our pal!s), some of it Russian? (thanks, Mr. Putin!) perhans Libyan? Or maybe even from ISIL.

what does your lil' import "factoid" have to do with Energy East?