Will Trudeau's position on Isis hurt his chances in next election

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
No articles to quote, but given the young fella made light of our support in the fight against ISIS, do you think it will adversely affect his bid to become Prime Minister. I already think his chance of becoming PM in the next election is a pretty tall order, but now with the attack in the nations capital I'm wondering if Canadians will want to stay with a leader who they know has some experience.

Thoughts?

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
These acts of violence, will rattle the populace, no matter how much "remain calm" is fed to them, it digs in. But it will galvanize them.

I don't think they'll look to Harper as a man of experience, so much as I think they'll abandon someone they see as weak and placating. While the country struggles with the idea of carrying on carrying on and lusting for blood.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yes, it did hurt a little.

This is as of Oct. 22nd.

Libs were previously at 39%.

Cons have remained unchanged.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
I harken back to the polls in the last Fed election, as well as the respective polls in the prov elections in BC, AB and Ont.

Thanks Flossy, your above contribution serves as a death knell for Trudeau and the Liberals

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
No articles to quote, but given the young fella made light of our support in the fight against ISIS, do you think it will adversely affect his bid to become Prime Minister. I already think his chance of becoming PM in the next election is a pretty tall order, but now with the attack in the nations capital I'm wondering if Canadians will want to stay with a leader who they know has some experience.

Thoughts?

Heaven help us if it doesn't RTS. The very thought of having him as PM after this really disturbs me. I watched the vid of his comments after the shootings and my heart sank as he addressed the Muslim community - not that he was wrong to do so but that he, IMHO, should have left such thoughts for another time and simply addressed what had happened in Ottawa.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

Thoughts?
Not in the least, he never had a snowball's chance in Hell to begin with. As old Abraham said "you can fool some of the people all the time and you can fool all the people some of the time, but you can't fool all the people all the time".

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
Trudeau's position on most things hurt his chances. The best way to improve his chances is to shut up and kiss lots of babies.