Is It Time For The War Measures Act?

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Is It Time For The War Measures Act?

The threat of terrorist in Canada was something no one in this country ever thought would happen most people thought it was another ploy by this government to get re-elected. After the killing of Canadian soldiers on Canadian soil reality of Canada at war with more boots on the ground turns from “if” into “when” and the question, is it time to invoke The War Measures Act?

The War Measures Act solved the FLQ crises many years ago and it might solve the ISSIS threat.

Are people ready to let human rights be secondary to safety?

Like World War One and Two, Canadians will see their children run to the Canadian Armed Force recruitment centre because this country will show the rest of the world that when there is a threat to the Canadian way of life we are not so polite.

We all have to remember that the guarantee of peace is paid for by the sacrifice in blood

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

The words we sing and the words we live by.

Last edited:

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
The War Measures Act solved the FLQ crises many years ago
It also created other problems but you wouldn't know that.
Over reacting is exactly playing into their game.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
No. Turdoh was wrong then and Harper would be wrong now to do it.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Using the War Measures Act, was the most fascist Parliamentary act ever committed.

It was used by unscrupulous law enforcement as far away as BC to roust people on local watch lists, for all manner of reason, that had nothing to do with the FLQ crisis.

In regards to recent events, you do not meet fascism with fascism and expect a positive result.

We need to meet these acts of stupidity with clear, concise, rational, and resolute action, within the confines of our legal system as it is written.

Some of us have had the experience of visiting places around the world, including places where Islam is prevalent. It hammers home what the true meaning of Canadian Spirit and what our Canadian culture really is.

With that in mind, I say, we not bend our rules, we not seek our pound of flesh blindly, we not meet fascism with fascism.

We meet it head on, in the most Canadian way possible. As we would have a week ago.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
The threat of terrorist in Canada was something no one in this country ever thought would happen most people thought it was another ploy by this government to get re-elected...

Wait... Not a single Canadian thought it was possible or could happen?

How does one even respond to such a claim?

Oh wait, "No one in this country".... I guess that counts me out. Anybody who didn't think it was possible was a complete and utter moron with their head stuck so deep into the ground and away from actual reality that they shouldn't even have a drivers license due to such incompetence.

Every country that doesn't suck turds from ISIS's crusty azz is a target.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
There are several rude comments on newspaper sites yesterday about Harper using this as an excuse to bring in martial law and take away more of our rights. Oddly enough it is leftards that are suggesting doing this. Must be projecting their views on rights and freedoms on others again.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Criminals can get irons in any back alley in Tdot.

I hear they don't even ask to see your license when you buy a ladder at Home Depot.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Beef up our security, fine tune our intelligence and go after these scumbags. No need for a war measures act, but rather than just take away someones passport we should look a lot harder at individuals with extremist views and take the necessary steps to protect the public.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Ladders are scarier Prax.

Yup. Ladders truly are scarier than these fk'wits. More people are injured or killed by ladders every year in our nations than from terrorists, which just goes to show just how fk'n useless they are at their job of being terrorists when inanimate objects harm more people than they can. (see what I did there? :p )

These wannabie martyrs should be stomped on with a twist like the bugs they are, not to be feared, and receive the Darwin Awards they deserve for their stupidity.

Maybe over time the rest of those dumbasses who might think this is a good path to choose might use a brain cell in their head and think, "you know what? This doesn't seem to be working very well for these guys and nobody is really afraid of them.... Is it worth me getting killed simply because my daddy loves his money more than me and I need some sort of acceptance from people who are even more dumb than I?"

The Brits were bombed constantly by the Nazis and they went on with their day to show their resolve.... And these ISIS punks think they can cause Canadians to panic and fear for their everyday lives because they have a couple of guys with kitchen knives, hunting rifles and bad driving skills and end up dead minutes after they pull their attention seeking stunts?

I've got more fear towards some gangsta in East LA totting a handgun sideways than I do from these tools.

And guess what?

Two days ago I fell off a ladder. Didn't scare me, and didn't get hurt..... if I ain't scared of a ladder, I sure as sh*t ain't scared of these fools.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
There are several rude comments on newspaper sites yesterday about Harper using this as an excuse to bring in martial law and take away more of our rights. Oddly enough it is leftards that are suggesting doing this. Must be projecting their views on rights and freedoms on others again.
It's one of the most puzzling political conundrums. The Liberals accuse Harper of wanting to strip Canadians of their rights, or at least infringe upon them. While they hold PET in exalted esteem, who actually did, strip every single Canadian of their rights. And with the upmost of flippant arrogance.

Yup. Ladders truly are scarier than these fk'wits. More people are injured or killed by ladders every year in our nations than from terrorists, which just goes to show just how fk'n useless they are at their job of being terrorists when inanimate objects harm more people than they can.

These wannabie martyrs should be stomped on with a twist like the bugs they are, not to be feared and receive the Darwin Awards they deserve for their stupidity.

Maybe over time the rest of those dumbasses who might think this is a good path to choose might use a brain cell in their head and think, "you know what? This doesn't seem to be working very well for these guys and nobody is really afraid of them.... Is it worth me getting killed simply because my daddy loves his money more than me and I need some sort of acceptance from people who are even more dumb than I?"

The Brits were bombed constantly by the Nazis and they went on with their day to show their resolve.... And these ISIS punks think they can cause Canadians to panic and fear for their everyday lives because they have a couple of guys with kitchen knives, hunting rifles and bad driving skills and end up dead minutes after they pull their attention seeking stunts?

I've got more fear towards some gangsta in East LA totting a handgun sideways than I do from these tools.

And guess what?

Two days ago I fell off a ladder. Didn't scare me, and didn't get hurt..... if I ain't scared of a ladder, I sure as sh*t ain't scared of these fools.
Hey Prax, I'm beginning to like you again, lol.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Beef up our security, fine tune our intelligence and go after these scumbags. No need for a war measures act, but rather than just take away someones passport we should look a lot harder at individuals with extremist views and take the necessary steps to protect the public.

At least revoke their passports AFTER they leave the country, not before they go.