Trudeau suggests Harper's planned tax cuts could be reversed by Liberal gov't

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Trudeau suggests Harper's planned tax cuts could be reversed by Liberal gov't

OTTAWA - Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau is signalling the tax cuts promised by the Conservative government could lead to a political showdown ahead of the 2015 federal election.

Trudeau suggested in an interview today with CBC's French-language service Radio-Canada that a Liberal government would prioritize investment in infrastructure, education, and research over any tax relief.

He says he's made a promise as leader of the party to build an economy with a strong and growing middle class.

Trudeau made the comments in response to a question on Radio-Canada's Les coulisses du pouvoir about the cost of those planned investments, and whether it would be politically difficult for him to reverse any cuts given to taxpayers.

Finance Minister Joe Oliver hinted last week cuts could be announced as soon as the annual fall economic update.

Oliver has said plans to balance the budget in 2015 remain on track despite the falling price of oil.

The Prime Minister's Office chastised Trudeau for his remarks, saying the government is intent on providing tax relief to Canadians.

In contrast, spokesman Jason MacDonald says, Trudeau will hike taxes to "spend billion of dollars" expanding government.
A Trudeau official, meantime, said the government has put forward a poorly designed tax cut while the Liberals have offered a counter-proposal focused on jobs and growth.

source: https://ca.news.yahoo.com/trudeau-suggests-harpers-planned-tax-cuts-could-reversed-210037834.html

:lol: Typical Liberals, what's what's in your pocket book and he hasn't even been elected yet..

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
You know what's funny. I keep hearing how they all want to help the middle class, but year after year, I have successively more red tape and bureaucracy to navigate, to stay strong and make money.

It's hilarious even, lol.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Try being near the bottom of the barrel where you don't matter and successive governments crap all over you to appease the voters who matter - ones who aren't disabled, disadvantaged or elderly

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
You know what's funny. I keep hearing how they all want to help the middle class, but year after year, I have successively more red tape and bureaucracy to navigate, to stay strong and make money.

It's hilarious even, lol.

We need the government to get out of our lives..

Less Government and More Freedom for the people.

We are over regulated now...

Bucky Covington - A Different World - YouTube

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Actually the lack of tax money and where the money is spent is the very reason we
must rebuild the infrastructure. It has been neglected for years. Research and
spending in areas that rebuild the middle class is the route to go. There are days
when Trudeau takes a position that I question then there are days like this where I
agree with him. Lately there are days where Mulcair is off and on as well. The
Greens well they're oppressive as can be they would force changes on us like you
wouldn't believe no way would I even consider them. Then there is Mr Harper. I
personally side with him on a few issues but by and large I can't support his program
when it comes to pensions and social services and therefore I can't trust him.
The sad thing is no one jumps out at you in this country where is the vision we used to
have from all the leaders of our parties?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
I'm all for less government but the infrastructure deficit is a real problem. I support spending on infrastructure over tax breaks. Good on Justin but he still probably won't get my vote.

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
The problem with the Liberal's is that they promise the world until they get elected. Then they develop amnesia. Remember Chretiens call to scrap the GST. There is plenty of cash flowing into general revenue, taxes don't get properly invested in the things they are supposed to be intended. I find it extra hilarious how the Liberal party of Canada claims to care about the middle class when it targeted and taxed it for so many years.

Why would anyone vote for this party when its leader is such a lightweight?